International Education Corporation is a leader in post-secondary career education. Our mission is to drive personal and community transformation by empowering students to make a positive and enduring life change. We are consistently searching for like-minded compassionate professionals who strive to be the best in their respective fields. Our top candidates share our commitment to helping students build the skills to create a future of which they can be proud.
We are currently seeking a Junior Network Engineer to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible Responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, and support for the LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructure. Participate in the definition and design of all aspects of networking such as switching, routing, load balancing, and firewall administration. Must have strong engineering and implementation skills especially around the Cisco (switches/routers), Extreme (switches), F5/Netscaler (load balancers), CloudGenix (SD-WAN), Extreme/Wing (Wireless) platforms and all its components. Support the conversion of a traditional and split data and voice network into a converged MPLS, QoS, and VoIP trunking technology. Develop and implement technical operational procedures, standards, and templates with any existing and new technology. Must have strong experience in network voice and data; access, performance, scalability, security, reliability, and fault tolerance. Provides counsel and leadership in the future use of technology and business process improvements. As required, provides regular on-call support of the Network environment in various sites such as; headquarters, call centers, and Campus'. Analyzes problems and manages solutions during testing and post-implementation
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* A key contributor to the technical team as it relates to complex infrastructure projects and associated service offerings.
* Provides technical guidance and direction to all Network Administrators.
* Regularly instructs, directs, and assigns work to other team members, monitoring project status.
* Advanced expertise towards the installation, maintenance, security, and configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software for the IT infrastructure which includes development, production and disaster recovery environments.
* Evaluate, recommend, and execute new technologies and update existing infrastructure to ensure optimal network performance.
* Write and maintain technical implementation documentation on existing services and systems.
* Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development team
* Lead and develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
* 5+ years' experience with Microsoft Messaging with a focus on Exchange/O365, Skype for business/Teams
* Understanding and hands-on knowledge of installation, maintenance, security, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software for the IT infrastructure which includes development, production and disaster recovery environments.
* Demonstrate good technical, problem solving, communication and documentation skills
* Self-starter, flexible, dependable, and capable of multi-tasking and of quickly learning new products and technologies
* Understanding and hands-on knowledge of Layer 2 switching, routing, and network security
* Understanding and hands-on experience in web monitoring, appliance administration and management
* Understanding of Firewalls, IDS's and Network traffic analyzers
* Experience using Solarwinds NPM, SAM, Netflow
* Experience using WYSE Management Console
* Experience using Enterprise Malware Appliances and End Point Protection Services
* Fuze Management
We offer an exciting, fast-paced and dynamic work environment. In addition, full-time colleagues have a variety of benefits available that include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, a generously matched 401(k) plan, voluntary benefits and much more.
If changing students' lives is also important to you, and you have the qualifications reflected above, we would love to hear from you!