About the Organization & What Makes Us Unique:
Truckstop.com was founded in 1995 as a small family-owned business with a dedication to becoming the best-in-class transportation solution. As one of the largest online freight matching services in the trucking industry, we provide a one-stop connection between carriers, brokers, and the shipper. The company which has remained privately-held, has grown exponentially in the last 24 years into more than 7 locations across the U.S with a focus on innovation and forward-thinking digital vision.
At Truckstop.com talented individuals are empowered to do what they do they do best while having fun doing it. We call our employees partners because we unite to achieve remarkable things together. We believe that for talent to be their best selves, we must enable them with the freedom to exercise their own judgment, and provide them with the autonomy to experiment, to innovate, and test where they can go. Be "you" is the message that executive leaders foster, building first-in-class culture of exceptional people with a "One Team" mindset, driven from the top down.
Despite our vast business development and growth into more than 460 "partners", the commitment to our talent where service and respect run hand-in-hand with camaraderie, collaboration and a fun culture, still remains our passion. Our unique Truckstop.com culture is embedded in our team with a focus on providing exceptional customer experiences.
About the opportunity:
Despite our rapid growth, size and aggressive technology approach, Truckstop is a family business at its core. We're nice to each other, we work hard to get the job done, and then celebrate together. We offer a great benefits package, and unlimited PTO from day one.
We're cutting edge when it comes to our SaaS-based technology. As our business grows, we're growing our dynamic development team, and eager to find passionate, collaborative team players where your voice will be heard. We are looking for visionaries, who don't just want to code, but want to offer creative insight into the big-picture of the business. You will have unlimited opportunity to influence change, constantly learn new technologies and make a significant difference in the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Junior Software Engineer will be a key player on a development team of 10, using an Agile development model in a fast-paced and innovative environment. You will be developing solutions using the latest technology to drive new products for our customers.
* Excellent communication and quick-thinking aptitude to collaborate with business analysts and senior team members to define and align business requirements.
* Design and develop solutions that align with business and IT strategies.
* Ensure compliance with organizational architectural standards.
* Ability to collaborate with senior colleagues to research and investigate innovative technology solutions that will shape the future of the business.
* Passion for technology with ability to learn new tools and technologies rapidly.
* Capable of implementing test driven development to ensure that your written code meets the requirements and doesn't introduce new errors/bugs.
* Skilled at clearly documenting design and concept ideas.
Qualifications and Skills:
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of experience designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and implementing application software in a professional setting
* Systems analysis and design experience
* Fundamental software development, quality assurance and integration methodology experience.
* Skilled at Microsoft .NET Core framework with proficiency in C# language or other object-oriented languages.
* Web development experience using HTML5 and CSS3
* Solid understanding of database principles for relational and document-based databases. Experience developing database schemas and writing queries a plus.
* Experience with microservice API development (REST, JSON), and legacy web service technologies (SOAP, XML) a plus.
* Skilled at software development life cycle SDLC principals
* Strong understanding of Agile software development methodology and best practices
* Amazon Web Services- AWS/Cloud framework, services, and solutions
* Plus: Backend service development experience using NodeJS
Truckstop.com offers an excellent benefits package with full healthcare/dental/vision, wellness program, and MATCHING 401k with fun team building and collaboration events across the organization.