ASTS provides IT and Intelligence services to the federal defense and intelligence communities. Our focused solutions offer efficiency, agility, and innovation. We resolve issues quickly and provide ideas and solutions to help our customers fix problems and overcome challenges. ASTS is looking for a Junior Embedded Systems Software Engineer to support its Software Engineering Services -- II (SES-II) contract at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, Maryland. This is an excellent opportunity for new college grads who have had relevent software development coursework to include embedded systems programming.
The candidate will support NASA missions from pre-launch through decommission. The candidate will analyze flight software and investigate and recover from spacecraft anomalies. The candidate will develop flight software changes. The candidate will be involved in maintaining the flight software test beds. Analyze requirements, design, implement, and test flight software changes according to a rigorous life-cycle development process.
* Investigate spacecraft anomalies by analyzing operations commands, telemetry, memory dumps, FSW code and documentation. Attempt to reproduce anomalies on the test bed.
* Operate flight software test facilities and maintain a flight like configuration.
* Configuration management of flight and ground products.
* Continuous flight software sustaining engineering process improvement.
* B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math or Physics.
* Candidates should have completed significant computer science coursework as part of their educational curriculum.
* At least 0-2 years of experience or coursework in developing C or C++ in real-time embedded systems.
* Experience with using configuration management tools such as Subversion.
* Familiarity with using Windows and Linux operating systems.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
* Ability to obtain National Agency Check Inquiry (NACI) personal background check.
* US Citizenship is required.
Additional Desirable Skills:
* Experience with assembler code.
* Experience with real time operating systems VxWorks and RTEMS.
* Knowledgeable in software lifecycle models
* Experience with spacecraft operations
* Some experience developing Bash, Python or Perl applications.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.