Are you interested in applying your technical expertise to solving noble missions related to national and global security, the health of the planet, or the nation's food supply? SAIC is a leading provider of innovative solutions that make a profound difference in the world. We are expanding our team of Data Scientists. If you're looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, we're looking for you.
* SAIC is seeking a Junior Data Scientist with knowledge and experience in data analytics.
* Independently performs complex data analytics tasks involving the application of advanced data mining principles, practices, and techniques which require knowledge of customer data domains.
* Analyzes, evaluates, and integrates data mining solutions to complex and diverse problem sets.
* Integration with data analytics platforms such as Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop is needed.
* Practices the application of optimum data mining techniques in accordance with customer specifications, quality standards, schedule, and funding guidelines.
* Delivers technical presentations to senior management and customers.
* Combine the data result sets across multiple sources.
* Design and implement new analytics & dashboards.
* Provide support for proposal response, prototype development and demonstrations as required
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree and 2 years' related experience.
* At least 2 years of experience in Data Mining, predictive analysis, and/or machine learning.
* Experience with visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
* Experience with working in interdisciplinary teams.
* Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability