Blackstone Federal is looking to hire a Jr. Full Stack Engineer / Platform Engineer in the DC area. As a member of a high-performing team, the engineer will provide Linux administration, and will design and implement innovative Cloud, DevOps, Automation, and Container solutions in a fast-moving, cutting edge government client environment. The right candidate will be a self-starter, a problem solver, and preferably demonstrate familiarity with AWS, Linux, orchestration tools, and Docker. The project is focused on providing web content management as a service, migration, containerization, CI/CD, and automation, using all open-source technologies.
* Assist with O&M for a multi-site cloud system
* Work with clients, project leadership, and other tech team members to design and implement systems management tools and processes
* Assist with developing technological strategy for cloud and container architectures
* Present ideas for improvements based on business and technical understanding
* Bachelor's Degree
* Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security (Active DHS clearance is a plus - U.S. Citizenship is a requirement).
* Must be comfortable and confident with Linux/Bash
* Some exposure to Docker
* Experience with Git and a CI/CD pipeline
* Ability to communicate through multiple mediums
* Ability to produce architectural diagrams
* Familiarity with Agile methodologies
* Demonstrates very good written and oral presentation skills and outstanding client-interaction skills.
* Thinks creatively and demonstrates the ability to work independently on a complex task with little direction, supervision, and management oversight
* Highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to work alone or in groups
* Experience with some scripting and automation, preferably Python and Ansible
* Familiarity with basic networking concepts
* Experience with Drupal or other content management frameworks, as well as MySQL
* GoLang, Java, or knowledge of other programming languages is a plus
* Hands-on experience in AWS, supporting a Production system, or a successful migration AWS certification(s)
About Blackstone Technology Group
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.