Scope of Work
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE EITHER A US CITIZEN OR HOLD A PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD AS WELL AS BE A DIRECT W-2 EMPLOYEE TO OUR VENDORS.
Java/J2EE Developer Senior
The positions are for Temp to Perm
The position will work in the Enterprise BTO Corporate Technologies department of the Information Technology division at Freddie Mac. This position is to support ongoing IT development & deployment work for Enterprise Operations business initiatives and providing application support. This candidate will need to work well in a team environment and help with the build, deployment, and support multiple applications within the division.
* Application of software development principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
* Provides resolutions to an assortment of technical problems.
* Understand Business Requirements; participates in System Requirement Analysis; design applications based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test, and deploy application.
* Experience in complete Java based application development lifecycle.
* Support Freddie Mac's mission critical applications in providing Level 3 support, which includes providing fixes to production defects.
* Align with several IT partners, including Architecture, Infrastructure, and Support teams in delivering easily maintainable solutions
* Comply with the department standards and general industry based practices.
* Contribute and participate in design and code reviews.
* Quickly evaluate defects, investigate root cause and devise solutions to address defects.
* Production support needs coordination with product vendors and matrix-based IT organizational support teams, and the individual needs to clearly communicate progress and issues to incident management.
* Job requires Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
* 5 years of experience with web containers including Apache/Tomcat or WebLogic.
* Thorough understanding and at least 3-5 years of experience working with relational databases (SQL Server or Postgress).
* At least 3-5 years hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools and languages like ANT, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, Ansible and Artifactory
* At least 2-3 Years development experience using Python/Shell scripting.
* Experience in designing applications using Object Oriented Analysis and Design. Produce high quality design artifacts that cover all aspects of sound architecture. Ability to review and comment on Jr Developers design.
* Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to analyze system functionality with customer and resolve code issues.
* Understanding of design patterns and ability to use them in real world situations.
* Experience with security standards, using SSL, directory services, etc.
* Proven experience in tuning the system for performance improvements and performance related system design.
* Experience with automated GUI testing tools like Selenium
* Experience with Cloud Adoption, Docker or Microservices is a plus
* Familiarity with Mortgage Industry or direct Freddie Mac Experience is an added plus
* Must have good problem-solving skills and strong interpersonal skills
* Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
* Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
* Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools
J2EE, Java Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security, REST, Angular JS, Prime NG, Java Script, CSS, JUnit, SQL Server database, Python/Unix shell programming, secure protocol usage like ssh, ssl & Automated GUI testing tools like Selenium