DivisionDefense - E3/Sentinel's Defense Division supports customers across the Department of Defense, including the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Department of the Navy, National Guard Bureau, Office of the Inspector General, and Washington Headquarters Services. By providing program assistance and technical innovation to ensure our nation's security, E3/Sentinel employees help our clients navigate through dynamic environments. Our Defense Division offers a variety of career paths, including program management, systems engineering and technical assistance (SETA), financial analysis, operational support, financial analysis, facilities management, and more. Position Overview
E3/Sentinel is looking for IT System Test Engineer to join our team.Test Engineer will be responsible for setting up the test environments to exactly replicate the operational environment using simulated or actual infrastructure and system software components. This position will ensure that each component in a target system is configured accurately utilizing the operational parameters. The test engineer will be responsible for confirming that all potential defects are detected in testing and track those defects until those are fixed before production deployment. Additionally, responsible for developing and designing the test range to meet testing requirements of engineering solutions. The position will establish the right sample size of the engineering solution instances to be IV&V tested and incorporates the entire population of the targets for testing to confirm the test target sample is exhaustive enough to filter out defective components from leaking into the operational environment. Finally, will execute a full range of quality assurance tasks (e.g., end-to-end testing, regression testing, documentation) and works with test, requirements, and configuration management teams, developers, end client, and other stakeholders and support the successful coordination and completion of Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) of the provided solutions.
* Experience working within a wide variety of automated testing frameworks, including JUnit , Selenium , Testing and other open - source. • The core testing of a set of tools within the ServiceNow platform per the customers' requirements.• Collaborate with other internal groups to translate business and functional requirements into technical implementation for the automation of existing processes and the development of new applications.• Develop, review QA and UAT test scripts. Work with automated testing group to develop automated testing. • Communicate with internal customers in non-technical terms, understand business requirements, and propose solutions.• Log test results and update test records (in ServiceNow).• Document and reports the results of test execution.• Work on projects from specification gathering, to development, to QA, user acceptance testing, and deployment to production.• Participate in meetings and organize work and/or training sessions.• Document changes and author documentation on software functionality
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer / Engineering Technology
* 2-3+ years related technical/quality assurance experience, 5 years total experience.
* 1 year relevant experience in BMC Remedy Suite ITSM to include 1 Remedy implementations/migration in an enterprise environment
* Attention to detail with a strong commitment to support a 'process-oriented' environment
* High level understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
* Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong initiative, drive, and work ethic; self-starter.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* ServiceNow & Testing Certifications.
* Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
* Experience with Agile methodology/SCRUM.
* Experience using Automated Test Framework in ServiceNow.
* Experience using other ITSM products like Remedy, Seibel will be preferred.
* Ability to apply quality principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
E3 Sell (Select the Only Available Option)E3/Sentinel is a mission-focused services and solutions company that specializes in helping federal clients solve their most challenging business problems. Our motivated and technology-enabled workforce utilizes proven management and technical consulting practices and applies agile principles and data-driven decision making to enable our clients to better meet mission requirements. We create significant value for our clients by bringing subject matter expertise across the federal marketplace in the disciplines of Acquisition Lifecycle Management, Program Management Support Services, Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance, and Facilities and Engineering Management. Excellence, Accountability, Community, Humility and Integrity are the core values of E3/Sentinel. We are recognized leaders in the management consulting community as trusted partners to federal agencies and to industry. We are an organization that offers both our employees and clients an exceptional experience; our culture is contagious, and we always maintain a genuine reputation. EEO Statement (Select the Only Available Option)E3/Sentinel is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. E3/Sentinel hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.