Trinity Metro has an immediate opening for a IT Sr. Project Coordinator. The incumbent in this position will plan, direct, and coordinate project activities to ensure that goals and objectives of assigned projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame, funding parameters and with a high degree of effectiveness. Senior Project Coordinator will also have responsibility for guiding and mentoring Project Coordinators and temporarily fulfill the duties of Director Information Technology as needed.
This position's responsibilities include:
* Plan, direct, and coordinate assigned projects.
* Provide guidance and mentor Project Coordinators. Review their work for accuracy and completeness. Coach and develop their skills to further their capabilities and knowledge.
* Ensure project goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with outlined priorities, time limitations, and funding conditions.
* Consult and review project proposals with the Director of Information Technology to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
* Develop project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allotment of resources for each phase of the project.
* Manage, or assist on, more than one project at a time depending on scope of work for each project.
* Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
* Prepare project status reports and keep the Director of Information Technology, the steering committee, and vendors/clients informed of project status, schedule changes, and related issues.
* Delegate and monitor the completion of project tasks for vendors, consultants, and other employees of Trinity Metro.
* Identify and document requirements for new systems and technology.
* Assist in the preparation of Request for Proposals (RFP).
* Oversee the evaluation of bids received in response to RFP's.
* Assist in the negotiation of contract terms for acquisition of new technology.
* Implement new systems and technology including installation, business process re-engineering and user training.
* Develop and maintain technical and project documentation.
* Remain current on new industry trends, methods, and technology.
* Participate in Trinity Metro's community activities to promote transit on off duty hours.
* Maintain confidential information.
Three years of experience in computer programming, data processing, or computer operations. Proficient use of computer word processing, spreadsheets and databases. JDE Enterprise One, Trapeze and/or Oracle experience a plus.
Minimum of two year's credit from an accredited college or university with studies in Computer Science, Information Management Science, Business, or a closely related field with a minimum of 18 semester hours in any combination of the following: Computer Science, Information Management Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Administration, or Accounting.
Any combination of experience, training and/or education that provides the required knowledge, abilities and skills may substitute for the required education.