We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Department supports every part of our organization - from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and help desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
In this role as IT Specialist, you will be supporting applications and infrastructure for corporate, divisions and stores across the country. The ideal candidate will have direct experience with LANDESK/Ivanti as well as a broad range of experience with Windows and Windows based applications. Additional expertise with Active Directory (AD), Citrix, Exchange, IIS, and Microsoft SQL are beneficial, but not required. Your primary responsibility will be working with LANDESK/Ivanti to patch and maintain Microsoft Windows servers and clients across the country. Additionally you will be involved with the maintenance and troubleshooting of national applications, managing Infrastructure projects and developing partnerships with other IT teams to help drive requests from infancy to fruition. ALDI is looking for someone that works well in a team setting, brings positivity and is looking for potential career advancement. ALDI encourages employee growth and development, as this is a key component in our work culture.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Works with LANDESK/Ivanti to patch and maintain Microsoft Windows servers and clients across the country.
* Maintains and troubleshoots national applications, manages Infrastructure projects and develops partnerships with other IT teams to help drive requests from infancy to fruition.
* Answers incoming support requests in a timely manner; creates a ticket and documents issue through full and timely resolution.
* Provides support to users and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
* Identifies project issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate, assists management with all project management related responsibilities, and effectively communicates status and creates required project reporting for all appropriate participants.
* Participates in the evaluation and recommendation of the use of off-the-shelf or custom developed software.
* Assists the management by maintaining a thorough understanding of business processes; identifies and recommends changes to related software and hardware to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Maintains, manages, and has a complete understanding of the list of user requirements and open issues.
* Prepares user documentation, bulletins and corresponding program updates for distribution to all relevant users.
* Participates in project or committee meetings as required.
* Coordinates the overall maintenance of existing software and hardware solutions, including the testing, training, and rollout of all changes and upgrades.
* Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
* Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
* Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in IT or a related field.
* A minimum of 2 years progressive IT experience in a business environment.
* A minimum of 2 years of progressive experience working with LANDESK/Ivanti (Patch Management & Software Deployment).
* A minimum of 2 years of progressive experience working with Windows Server 2008 & above.
* Experience with General Application Troubleshooting.
* Experience managing Infrastructure projects (Small/Mid/Large).
* Experience with troubleshooting application availability and performance.
* A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
* Additional expertise with Active Directory (AD), Citrix, Exchange, IIS, and Microsoft SQL preferred.
* Knowledge of the strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, systems, and services of the company.
* Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of business system environments and processing requirements; understands overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software, and the operating environment.
* Knowledge of computer hardware components and their function relative to the overall operation of the equipment.
* Knowledge of the functions and purposes of software in a personal/network computer environment for organizing and analyzing files and information.
* Problem-solving skills.
* Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
* Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
* Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
* Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
* Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
* Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
* Ability to travel as needed.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
* Industry-leading Wages
* Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
* Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
* 401(k) Plan
* Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
* Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
* Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.