* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The College of Engineering, Design and Computing has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) IT Services Coordinator position.
As Colorado's public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.
CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor's to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown.Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state's largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development, database administration, server administration, website management, programming, desktop support, and help desk operations.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
The College of Engineering, Design and Computing (CEDC) IT Department works to advance the strategic priorities of the college by providing innovative technology solutions and services to CEDC faculty, staff and students
The CEDC IT Department is seeking a full-time IT Services Coordinator to provide technology services directly to students, whether that be through existing computing lab facilities or through other more modern means. These services include interfacing students with engineering software applications, printing services, and providing support to lab patrons.
This position oversees, maintains, and improves upon all services that CEDC computer labs provide. This position is responsible for maintaining computer lab hardware and software, managing software licenses, managing and providing printing services, and ensuring that CEDC computer labs are a great facility that students want to work in. This position will also tackle initiatives that transform the services that CEDC computer labs provide into more service-oriented, human-centered services. This position oversees a group of student work study Lab Monitors that assist in providing these services and maintaining the facilities.
Examples of Work Performed:
* Interface directly with students and lab patrons to identify needs, collect data, and identify solutions with a human-centered design approach.
* Administer a mixed environment of Windows, Linux, and Mac systems in computer labs, including hardware repairs and upgrades, operating system configuration, system software updates, software installation, procedure automation, and cloning.
* Maintain and update the content for the computing lab/software website(s).
* Provide support for faculty/staff/students utilizing instructional computing labs.
* Organize, negotiate, manage, renew, and update a large number of software licenses.
* Develop, maintain, update, and deploy cloning images for computing labs on a regular basis.
* Provide standard and large format printing services.
* Configure, update, and maintain a print management system.
* Purchase computers, peripherals, software licenses, and general supplies for computing lab facilities.
* Develop and maintain an inventory of all computer and peripheral hardware, software, and supplies for computing labs.
* Oversee the disposal and recycling of obsolete IT hardware and peripheral equipment.
* Schedule, supervise, and mentor a group of student work study Lab Monitors, including hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, developing work schedules, resolving grievances, and initiating corrective and disciplinary actions if necessary.
* Tackle initiatives that transform services that CEDC computer labs provide into more nimble and modern services.
* Perform other related work as assigned or required by the nature and scope of the position.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $58,700 to $75,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
* A bachelor's degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
* 2 years of professional level experience working in a technical role supporting others.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
* Demonstrated experience providing technical support and maintenance of hardware, software, and peripherals in a complex enterprise environment including Windows, Linux, and Mac systems.
* Experience managing Active Directory, Group Policy Management, file and print servers, license management, remote client management, and web services.
* Experience with cloud provider solutions such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Microsoft Azure.
* 2 years of experience in managing employees or working in mentoring roles.
* Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
* Passion for achieving the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
* Effective written and oral communication skills with ability to simplify and communicate complex technical information to other less technical teams and leadership.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
* Outstanding team building and leadership skills and abilities.
* Strong decision making and analytical skills with ability to independently identify and analyze problems, find solutions, and resolve a wide range of complex issues.
* Strong organizational skills with ability to establish work priorities and manage multiple competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to develop and improve upon business and technical processes, as well as provide top-notch documentation for common technical tasks.
* Deep understanding of virtualization products, e.g. VMWare, Citrix, VirtualBox, etc.
* Affinity for working with communication and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams/Slack, Microsoft Visio, Monday.com/Asana, and Zendesk.
* Possess a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences with ability to work well with a diverse population of student, faculty, and staff.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.