Are you interested in becoming part of a dynamic team that is looking to innovate and improve?
Would you like to work for a company that has been rated by the BBJ (15 yrs) as one of the best places to work?
Do you want to be part of a company that is committed to giving back to the community?
Harvard Pilgrim is looking for a bright, ambitious individual to join our Information Security team and help us to protect our infrastructure and systems and ensure that our customers' data is kept secure. This entry level position will introduce you to numerous security tools and technologies and provide you with the opportunity to develop and expand your skills in the challenging and ever-growing field of cyber security. You will primarily be working in vulnerability management and endpoint protection but will have the opportunity to assist team members in other security domains. The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn how to use and master new technologies and tools.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
* Perform vulnerability scans of internal Harvard Pilgrim networks to identify system vulnerabilities.
* Work closely with IT staff to track and help manage the remediation of system vulnerabilities.
* Assist in organization wide security awareness training by managing the phishing simulation process.
* Assist in the vendor risk management program by performing web vulnerability scans of 3rd party web sites of Harvard Pilgrim business partners.
* Be an integral part of the Security Incident Response Team. Serve as a front-line resource in endpoint issue detection and remediation using security tools including Cylance, ZSCaler and Net Witness.
* Work with team members from Harvard Pilgrim's Security Operations Center (SOC) to investigate potential security issues.
* Provide day-to-day operational support for ZScaler, HPHC's web filtering application.
* Assist other security team members on projects where needed.
WHAT YOU NEED:
* Education: College degree with a strong IT background is preferred but equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Experience: Prior experience working professionally an IT environment is a plus. Experience working on in IT Security is a plus.
* Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. Background and understanding of programming languages, SQL, Microsoft Office Applications, and information technology concepts required. Familiarity with Security tools such as PhishMe, Rapid 7, Web Inspect, Cylance, or ZScaler is a plus. Formal and informal training on tools will be provided.
WHAT MAKES US STAND OUT:
* Paid volunteer time off (up to 3 days annually)
* Open Time Off
* Annual Mini-Grant of $500 donated to a non-profit organization of the employee's choice
* Educational Reimbursement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.