Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
IT Project Manager
ICF is seeking an IT Project Manager for our office in Irvine, CA. This position requires experience managing IT projects within the Energy Efficiency space, including project oversight, client management, and team management. The project manager will oversee multiple projects and support efforts to grow and expand ICF's IT business. Responsibilities and project tasks will change over time. This position may require occasional travel for client meetings.
* Coordinate project delivery on a variety of sized IT projects for the energy efficiency sector, including partnering with ICF subject matter experts on project execution
* Develop project plans, track schedule and budget and oversee implementation
* Work closely with ICF's IT program area leads to manage delivery and pursue new project opportunities in the utility, energy, and/or energy efficiency sectors
* Maintain client relationships with program sponsors as well as project leads from client organizations
* Coach and mentor junior and mid-level staff
* BS/BA in a related field
* 8+ years of professional experience
* 3+ years of project management experience with demonstrated ability to manage schedule, project risks, and budget is required
* Subject matter expertise with utility energy efficiency programs
* Experience managing IT projects, ideally in the utility, energy, and/or energy efficiency sectors
* Ability to provide strong direction of project teams to successfully execute project tasks, controlling scope, budget and schedule
* Ability to coordinate diverse program stakeholders
* Ability to develop strong subject matter expertise, lead analyses, and recommend and implement cost effective solutions
* Solid understanding of software development lifecycle, standard processes and best practices
* Strong customer service focus
* Ability to work with and lead blended teams of ICF and client staff
* Ability to work collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment
* Experience working with and/or managing sub-contractors or vendors
* Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
* Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Resourceful and self motivated
* Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
* Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
* Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
You may be required to participate in periodic drug testing and background checks.
Irvine, CA (CA79)