MSC Industrial Direct
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
Requisition ID : 2640
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Information Technology
Work Location : Melville, NY (CSC)
State or Province : New York (US-NY)
Potential Work Location : United States : New York : Melville || United States : North Carolina : Davidson
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
(Position can sit in Melville, NY or Davidson, NC)
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Specialist I is responsible for supporting mission-critical business areas such as Financial, Procurement, Business Development, Collaboration, Service Management, and Human Resources. This individual maintains and supports associates that includes network access, database and system components, and remote access. In addition, the individual will work actively with Support teams to solve business problems with system and process solutions that fit MSC standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support existing Identity and Access Management program through the implementation of key IAM technologies and services.
* Create IT related accounts including Active Directory, AS400, VMI, and VPN accounts.
* General offboarding activities such as disabling network accounts and removal of access.
* Set Consultant account extensions in Active Directory and AS400.
* Adhere to production system access policies and guidelines.
* Grant IT Development Access to production systems.
* Perform SAP S/4 HANA Security administration including troubleshooting access issues.
* Report any data discrepancies to Internal Audit and IT Management.
* Processing of provisioning/ de-provisioning activities.
* O365 modifications such as mailbox creation, add/removal of associates in distribution lists.
* Ensures the confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC's vision and unity of purpose.
* Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* Associates Degree / related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 5 years of related systems engineering experience and customer service.
* O365 experience including mailbox activities and Licensing.
* Remote access services such as RSA, Azure Multifactor Authentication.
* Troubleshooting experience of complex enterprise-architected systems on multiple platforms
* Awareness of current information technology products, services, and solutions.
* Must be able to work well with staff members and user community, especially with management staff.
* Person must be able to interact with employees at all levels of the company.
* SAP knowledge and troubleshooting experience a plus.
* Some Knowledge of IT methodologies and compliance standards such as SOX & ITIL, etc.
* Knowledge of network services; Active Directory, AS400.
* A valid driver's license and the ability to travel up to 5% of the time may be required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America's Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty
About MSC Industrial Direct
MSC Industrial Direct is a distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.