Seeking customer service centered help desk technicians to provide timely and professional Tier II support to users. (IAT-II)
To be successful in this position you need to be collaborative and willing to work within a team. While you will need to be a self-starter, completing tasks on your own, working together is critical in this role. You will be interfacing with users and senior agency staff. Therefore, you should be articulate in your communications. You will need to explain technical intricacies to end users in a way that is easily understood. You will need to maintain a high-level customer service focus, exhibiting expertise, courtesy, timeliness, and professionalism.
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting for software applications loaded on desktop and laptop computers that communicate to/from application servers and third-party support agencies
* Screen, refer and diagnose internal/external inquiries and work requests as they relate to support of related systems
* Provide end-user software troubleshooting and support
* Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate causes; and recommend solutions
* Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory
* Provide phone and help desk support for local and off-site users
* Maintain internal knowledge base for Help Desk technicians and users
* Answer phones and emails in a timely manner
* Maintain printers and multifunction devices
* Create and maintain Windows 10 desktop/laptop images
* Maintain software and hardware assignments
* Participate in special projects as required
* Familiar with Release and Configuration Management concepts
* Use Remedy as the help desk software
* Proactively check help desk queue for new emails and create and assign Remedy tickets for those emails.
* Ensure that tickets are actively being worked on and updated, and that no tickets are unassigned
* Escalate tickets as needed.
* Ensure all tickets worked include the problem, the solution, the end user, initiation and completion time, and end user satisfaction.
* The resolution shall be in sufficient detail to allow another support technician, not familiar with the problem, sufficient information to resolve the same or similar problem without extensively researching the issue again.
* Notify the program manager of all VIP requests for support that require additional resources which result in a delay of resolution
* Identify training requirements or software fixes to correct any recurring problems identified in the database of user support.
* Create and maintain documentation
* Work with other members of the team to ensure that help desk documentation is complete and up-to-date
* Provide weekly and monthly status reports
* Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
* Able to maintain a high-level customer service focus, exhibiting expertise, courtesy, timeliness, and professionalism interfacing with users and senior agency staff
* May need to lift and carry desktop equipment such as laptops, computers, and monitors
* More senior team members are expected to mentor junior team members, train new hires, do quality checks on tickets and contents, ensure tickets are appropriately assigned, ensure documentation is updated, and escalate issues to the program manager.
* Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 2-4 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations or customer service.
* Experience with the following is required:
* Microsoft Office Suite 2013/2016
* Windows 10
* Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
* Outlook Email Client in an Exchange Server Environment
* Experience with remote access to users' computers
* Experience working with networked printers
* Active Directory
* Excellent business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent documentation skills
* Strong organizational and collaborative skills
* Strong teamwork and engagement as a project team member.
* Ability to assimilate information rapidly, motivated to self-study new requirements
* Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts; practices and procedures.
* Able to multi-task and prioritize
* Able to work under time constraints
* Adapt to changes in requirements and new projects
* Maintain and upgrade certifications
* Strong written and verbal English language skills.
* Willing to perform other duties as assigned
* Additional experience with mobile phones devices (iPhone, Mobile Iron), VTC and Trusted Agent for issuing tokens is a plus.
* DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification (i.e., CompTIA Security+ CE at date of hire)
* DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager within 3 months of employment (i.e., Microsoft Desktop Administrator Associate Certification preferred)
* If you start only with a Security+ ce, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional Windows certification within 3 months after your start date.
* Must have an Active TS/SCI clearance on hire and confirmed within JPAS.
* Client Site, Fort Belvoir, VA
* Shift work between the hours of 7:00am-5:00pm (Core hours are 9-3pm). We have a little bit of flexibility (i.e., 7:00-3:30pm, 8:30am-5:00pm).
* Some flexibility may be required to cover when others are out of office
* No alternate work schedules
* No telework allowed
Travel: Occasional travel may be required - normally less than 10%.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.