The primary role of the Desktop Technician is to provide help desk technical support to end users and maintain overall IT functionality . This includes troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software problems. This will be Tier 2 support.
* Learn all deployed technologies and provide full service/first contact resolution of technical problems in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment * Provide desktop and software troubleshooting/administration working closely with senior members of the department to learn and build their software, hardware and troubleshooting skills and knowledge * Troubleshoot, upgrade and repair desktop PCs * Provide after hours and weekend support on an as needed basis outside of general working hours * Maintain Standard Operating Procedures for all relevant processes and technologies * Document all support and maintenance activity with incident tracking software. * Diligently and consistently follow departmental and organizational policies and procedures * Maintains an accurate inventory of all desktop and printing equipment as assigned * Troubleshoot, upgrade and support common mobile device platforms * Implement projects as assigned. Provide status reports and problem summaries * Respond to emergency system outages as required * Additional duties as assigned
* A minimum of 2+ years' experience providing tier 2 end user support in an enterprise IT environment (prefer banking experience)
* Provide excellent customer service via the call center helpdesk both onsite and remote, will include email and onsite assistance requests * Create incident tickets, update incident tickets and close incident tickets using Service Desk Express system * Recent certifications as specified and equivalent experience required * MCTS Windows 7 or 10
* MCSE or MCSA * MCTS Windows Server
* College degree a plus
* Strong working technical knowledge of TCP/IP
* A professional attitude, excellent customer service and neat appearance are essential
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Able to work independently and with others
* Able to master and support a large and diverse base of hardware and software technologies
* Analytical and problem solving abilities
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
* Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
* Travel required
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.