Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network-our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers- we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As an IT Executive Support Technician at our Richardson, TX location, you will own the technology experience of our senior executives and be an important member of a team that provides exceptional service. Our team's mission is to be a trusted advocate that delights our users with experiences and tools that allow them to achieve their goals. You will drive this by providing premier support for a variety of technologies, coaching leaders on how best to employ these tools, and providing critical feedback that will shape the future of the digital employee experience at CommScope.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide proactive support to executives at CommScope's Richardson site for technology needs including company computers, peripherals, and mobile devices as well as company standard operating systems and software.
* Nurture relationships with executives, their support staff, and the IT organization.
* Be a problem-solving team member of executive support and CommScope executive teams.
* Maintain learning mindset and create or test emerging CommScope capabilities in support of forward-thinking projects.
* Act as team member for special assignments within the department, supporting IT systems initiatives, and project implementations.
* Collaborate with interdepartmental teams.
* Track service requests using established systems of record and follow up with clients to ensure effective resolution and customer satisfaction.
* Partner with external resources and vendors to provide solutions beyond the scope of break/fix.
* Develop and maintain support documentation to drive process improvement.
* Build dynamic knowledge of supported hardware and software solutions deployed throughout the company.
* Travel required in Dallas/Ft Worth metro area to support multiple sites.
* Intermittent travel required within the US to support IT projects and initiatives - up to 15%.
* Associate's degree in related curriculum such as Information Technology, Computer Science or Business with 3+ years of related experience
* Familiarity with standard IT concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
* Highly professional written and oral communication skills.
* A customer focused passion for technology and the problems it can solve.
* Constant drive for process and individual improvement based on observation and user feedback
* Technical support experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, computer science, business, philosophy, or a related curriculum
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Technical Support, Technician, Computer Science, Testing, Business Process, Technology, Management