Req ID: 51921
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a IT Change Manager to join our team in Austin, TX. Candidates local to Austin, TX are strongly preferred.
The individual will be responsible for ensuring that the impact of new or upgraded IT systems and projects are managed in an effective way to ensure the delivery of desired business outcomes. The IT Change Manager will work with the business change or business improvement teams to support and guide them through the required steps to implement systems related change. The IT Change Manager will help to articulate the way in which changes will affect the users on a day-to-day basis.
The main duties of the IT Change Manager, some of which may be delegated, are listed below:
* Receives, logs and allocates a priority to all requests for changes
* Schedules all Request for Changes (RFCs) for a Change Advisory Board (CAB) meeting, issues an agenda and circulates all requests for changes to change Advisory Board members in advance of meetings to allow prior consideration
* Chairs all CAB and ECAB meetings
* Issues change schedules
* Liaises with all necessary parties to coordinate change building, testing and implementation, in accordance with schedules
* Updates the change log with all progress that occurs, including any actions to correct problems and/or to take opportunities to improve service quality
* Reviews all implemented changes to ensure that they have met their objectives; refers back any that have been backed out of have failed
* Reviews all outstanding RFCs
* Analyses change records to determine any trends
* Closes RFCs
* Produces regular management reports
Minimum of 5 years of experience in change management
* Change Management certification is a plus (ITIL)
* Excellent writing (editorial and technical writing), design, and presentation skills
* Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects and work within a larger team
* Ability to present concepts and communicate with clarity and impact to all levels of associates
* Demonstrated ability to create content; strong storytelling abilities and clear ability to turn complex ideas into simple messages
* Technology savvy with a keen understanding of all types of communication channels
* Complex organizational and cultural change management experience
* Bachelor's degree in Communications, Technology, Business or another closely-related major
This is a Temporary Employee of NTT DATA role. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.