At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential - your ability to learn, grow, and contribute in meaningful ways. We believe in the power of great people working together to innovate and solve problems no one could solve alone. We build enduring partnerships with our customers and take on their challenges and opportunities as our own.
IT Analyst, SAP Finance will lead to build and be custodian of Global Template SAP FICO solution and enhance such template for local country specific needs.
IT Analyst, SAP Finance will lead and/or execute the analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, implementation and operational support for SAP solutions supporting the Global Finance organization. Specifically, this role will deliver, and support solutions related to General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets, Product Costing, Material Ledger, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, Profitability Analysis and Financial Planning. The IT Analyst, SAP Finance will work with multiple stakeholders to understand and document the end-to-end business processes and related challenges - then recommends, builds and implements one or more IT software solutions to support the processes. This role will spend roughly 40% of the time working directly with the business partners (e.g. controller, finance manager) supporting day-to-day operations of the record-to-report business processes.
The IT Analyst, SAP Finance will also create detailed test cases, analyze results for product, performance, and user acceptance testing, and assess existing technologies to recommend solutions for technical teams. Create written status reports on a predetermined schedule for large development efforts. Participate in quality management reviews of designs and prototypes. Assist users in determining the best method for data reporting, such as standard reports, table downloads, ABAP query, or customer program. Analyze and design new business processes to streamline IT methodologies on requirements definition, information gathering, and documentation. Lead training sessions with users on new functionality and mentor junior analysts on IT methodologies and documentation best practices.
Here's where you'll demonstrate your competencies:
* Accountable for the development and support of SAP Financials with a focus on FI/CO modules (but not limited to): General Ledger, AR/AP, Asset Accounting, Treasury, Travel Management, Fund Management, Legal Consolidation, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Product Cost Controlling, Profitability Analysis, Profit Center Accounting, Planning
* Partners with functional teams to translate business requirements into viable solutions, identifying potential benefits, and re-engineering SAP Finance workflow/processes to achieve benefits
* Work as part of the Global SAP team and serve in SAP FICO processes and configuration world-wide. Work with end users to understand and provide insight for process improvements
* Successfully lead global technology projects, process improvement within operations and finance function
* Manage and govern Business Processes, Resource Planning, Scheduling, Delivery Monitoring, Vendor management, SLA's, Risks and Issues
* Ensure compliance of all high-level solution models and solution architectures to the target Architecture, Enterprise roadmap, architecture principles and standards
* Develop and implement comprehensive strategy for the SAP system controls to include program management, setup and data master controls.
* Organize and facilitate workshops with business users to define business requirements, analyze, create and validate requirements into detailed functional specifications that can be translated to technical specifications
* Analyze and develop functional/technical specifications and communicate to technical developers to develop the required solutions in the most efficient way
* Using and adapting SAP tools and applications to enhance customers' internal system functionality;
* Designing, implementing, testing and supporting program interfaces and integrations with legacy business, accounting and financial systems
* Monitoring and addressing customer feedback on legal/regulatory implications to internal systems.
* Developing training materials for business and IT users
Here's what we'll need from you:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or similar is required. Qualified candidate may have additional work experience in lieu of a degree.
* 3 to 7 years of experience in Information Technology with strong SAP knowledge of the FI/CO module and related integration with MM, PP, PM and SD
* Demonstrated expertise in SAP FI/CO and hands-on configuration experience with S/4 HANA projects delivering new solutions (4 full-lifecycle implementations preferred)
* Demonstrated expertise in Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Fixed Assets/General Accounting/Treasury
* Experience working with Centralized Europe Based supply chain model and related Intercompany Scenarios.
* Experience with HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) a big plus
* Previous experience implementing SAP in Validated Environment for the Medical Devices, or Life Sciences industries
* Troubleshooting SAP complex problems and system malfunctions in collaboration with the IT department; Experience with ABAP programming is a plus.
* Accounting or Finance background is preferred
* Demonstrate the ability to work systematically and logically to analyze situations, resolve problems, identify root causes, and anticipate implications
* Ability to work independently, prioritize and solve problems proactively
* Clear and effective communications skills