Company is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. We are looking for someone that has some technical background/experience. Things like networking, virtual machine support, PC Tech. support etc. Looking for someone early in career.
Rate would be up to $29/hr
Supports and/or improves business processes with information technology solutions. Develops, designs, and analyzes systems and/or programs of moderate scope and complexity. Develop procedures for the solution of a variety of well-defined business problems, or for segments of complex and difficult problems or systems, and plans the processes necessary for computer solutions.
1. Performs systems analyses of business and/or computing infrastructure problems of moderate scope and complexity that includes requirements definition, interfacing with users, and providing cost and benefit analyses. Prepares trade-off studies and benchmark analyses.
2. Confers with program and/or system users to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and evaluate specific input and output requirements such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports and screens.
3. Develop or modify moderately complex computer programs or systems by writing detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and processing steps required.
4. Determines if requested program change is possible within existing system by reviewing computer system capabilities, process workflow, and date when implementation is required. Prepares documentation (workflow charts and diagrams, etc.) to specify in detail, operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs or systems. Upgrades and maintains systems after implementation.
5. Generates, tests, implements, and documents program code required to develop applications or maintain current systems.
6. Prepares activity status reports to inform management of projects or milestones completed or pending, and identify any issues that need to be elevated to management for resolution or assistance.
7. Trains users for effective implementation and use of systems. Ensures a smooth implementation transition. Creates user documentation and develops training materials. May prepare and give technical presentations on selected topics.
8. Participates in new or alternative technology evaluation related to operating systems, hardware, software packages, development tools, databases and methodologies.
9. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency, customer service, and to reduce cost.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical professional publications, establishing industry networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
11. Complies with federal and state legal (e.g. software licensing, confidentiality of employee records); ensures adherence to requirements; and advises management on needed actions. May research existing and new legislation requirements.
Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Prepares and conducts technical presentations on selected topics. Mentors new employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement)
Requirements: Education and Experience
Bachelors degree (BA/BS) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years related application/infrastructure experience utilizing the companys standard toolsets. Specific assignment may require recognized certification in area of expertise.