Amazon is a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a senior and experienced technical leader to lead the US West Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Solutions Architecture team. This role is to lead a team of leaders and solutions architect focused on driving adoption of Amazon Web Services within AWS' strategic ISV segment. You will help build a business focused on enabling hyper-growth SaaS ISVs innovate on behalf of customers. You will bring together a cross functional team including sales, partner and product teams to deliver accelerated business growth for AWS and our ISV partners.
As the Senior leader focused on our most important ISV customers and partners in North America, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of cloud computing, by building and leading a solutions architecture team dedicated to helping our ISV partners architect highly scalable and available workloads, cloud native applications, and innovative solutions in various technology domains such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), and Serverless computing.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. We are looking for leaders who love learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. We need innovative leaders who can look beyond the technology and consider the value our technology creates for our customers, and can help change how our technology is viewed. This is critical for the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services teams, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% as needed
OTHER KEY CHARACTERISTICS
* Fun to work with!! In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun, while maintaining a work-life balance. We look for leaders who are creative and who are willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact for their team, for the company and for our customers.
* Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of Enterprise customers.
* Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
* Ensure customer satisfaction.
* Hire, on-board, train, and develop leaders and Solutions Architects from internal and external sources.
* Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS.
* Educate ISVs on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
* Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.
* Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority /
Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.