Hermès was founded in 1837 as a maker of harnesses and saddles. Six generations of enterprising artisans have opened up new domains and conquered new markets imbued with respect for the past and enthusiasm for the future. A family owned company; Hermès is managed by Chief Executive Officer Axel Dumas, a member of the sixth generation of the family. The artistic direction is led by Pierre-Alexis Dumas, also a member of the sixth generation. An Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Hermès of Paris Inc. that applicants for employment are recruited, selected and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to positions being filled and potential for promotion or transfer which may be expected to develop. Applicants are recruited, selected and hired without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. In addition, personnel procedures and practices with regard to training, promotion, transfer, compensation, demotion, layoff or termination are to be administered with due regard to job performance, experience, and qualifications, but without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hermès of Paris, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
* Under direction of Director of IS Projects, the IS Coordinator provides coordination and administrative support to the IS department as it delivers projects, programs and service to various Hermes of Paris business units. The IS Coordinator will assist project manager in managing IT projects, budget and resources; he/she will help coordinate project or support related IT tasks, as well as ensure that IT standards and guidelines are closely followed by IS team members. He/She will assist in developing and maintaining IT documentation related to projects, enhancements or support. He/She must know when to follow-up or escalate issues accordingly; develop a positive working relationship with IT and business teams.
* Duties may require 24 hour, seven days per week on-call responsibility for IT support, especially during go-live support phases.
* All other duties assigned by supervisor.
Assist IT project teams in planning and delivery of projects to the business. Assist in preparing project presentations, meeting agendas and minutes
Provide administrative support to IT management team in financial, vendor and travel management. Assist in managing IT schedules, expenses, invoices, vendor Pos and deliveries
Help maintain and manage all IT documentation including but not limited to project documents, user training manuals, vendor documentation
Ensure all IT staff follows established standards and guidelines; maintaining and improving standards when necessary
Assist in preparing functional, technical and all other IT relates documentation
Assists in creation of Requests for Proposals (RFP), collects responses, and supports IT system selection teams
Maintains effective communication and working relationships with business and IT team members
Maintain IT software licenses and upgrade schedules
Helps organize and maintain overall IT area cleanliness and orderliness. Ensures the IT department is equipped with enough supplies to support its regular consumption and usage
Supervisory Responsibility - No
Budget Responsibility - No
Decision Making Responsibility - Yes - Key participant informing IS Steering Committee and Go/No Go decisions for major system launches
* Minimum Years of Experience
* 2-3 years full time experience in providing IT coordination and administrative work; supporting the implementation of information technology projects in a Retail/Wholesale environment, specifically within an international company.
* Minimum Education Requirement
* BA degree required; Major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering or closely related field is desired
* Preferred Skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication and comfortable communicating across all levels of the organization
* Considerable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with global partners
* Strong ability to give clear and consistent instructions to team members
* Proficiency in utilizing current word processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and internet software
* Reasonable knowledge of current hardware and software technologies and uses
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Considerable writing proficiency and visual design skills
* Considerable oral presentations skills
* Highly organized with great attention to detail
* Excellent time management skills
* Considerable problem solving and prioritizing skills
Hermes International is a company manufacturing fashion luxury goods.