NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with nearly 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Location: Redwood City, CA
NCR's Digital Insight™ solutions are a leading Software-as-a-Service ("SaaS") platform for financial institutions in the United States. We connect over 600 small to mid-size banks and credit unions with over 13.5 million online banking users and nearly 10 million mobile users. Join us to revolutionize digital banking by building upon our open technology platform developed on a unique service-oriented architecture (SOA), connecting with the wide breadth of NCR offerings across Retail, Hospitality, and Financial Services industries.
What we build:
We are looking for talented software engineers to join our expanding mobile banking team. Your challenge will be to build the future of banking in our world-class 4.7-star apps across hundreds of clients. More than just the app, you will also contribute to the ecosystem for app delivery and supportability at scale. Our software engineers write code that moves billions of dollars every month, enduring the pressure of hundreds of thousands of requests per minute.
Who we are:
We love to tackle big features, as well as nitpick small details. We solve for real problems, not just check the boxes for stated requirements. We're never satisfied with our output, always chasing perfection, while still drawing the line to ship. We constantly search for new things to learn, and believe in mentoring those around us.
Curious? Read on. We're looking for software engineering talent like you.
What we do:
* Build native apps that respect platform differences of iOS/Android
* Deliver apps quickly with Fastlane.tools
* Create awesome product features with product managers and designers as your partners
* Simplify complex features into elegant functional design
* Collaborate with peers to accomplish common goals
* Uphold engineering excellence and enforce best practices
* Ship incrementally and often
* Define and refine team processes to gain efficiency
* Challenge each other constructively to be the best we can be
How do you know if you are right for this job?
* You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies
* You have built or want to build outstanding mobile apps that users love interacting with
* You understand the value of quality and continuous delivery, and want to help teams release frequently and often to production, with high quality
* You have the ability to tackle problems both at the small and large scale
* You have a strong desire to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or Information Technology
* 8+ years of experience developing and designing software UI applications
* 4+ years of experience developing native iOS applications
* Thorough understanding of iOS frameworks and iOS UI standards
* Expert understanding of core computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and concurrent programming
* Ability to analyze user and business requirements to create technical design requirements and software architecture
* Experience must also include:
* Fluent with Objective-C or Swift
* Object-oriented design, Git, and a popular scripting language
* Developing with HTML, React, JS, CSS, JSON, XML
* Champion of Agile Scrum methodologies
* Experience continuous integration systems like Jenkins or GitLab CI
* Deep knowledge and understanding to create secure solutions by design
* Experience with tools or languages like:
* Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js and bash scripting languages
* CocoaPods, Instruments
* C, C++, Java and J2EE development experience
* MongoDB, Oracle
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.