About the Department
Imagine transforming the face of biomedical research and building world-class protein technology platforms in a state-of-the art facility. That's what we do at Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI). Our scientists apply cutting-edge technologies to early discovery projects within the diabetes and obesity areas, with the goal of bringing molecules to market. Such projects include identifying protein-based therapies for obesity, diabetes, and adjacent therapeutic areas, and researching the next generation of medical devices. At the NNRCSI, your skills, dedication and ambition will help us change lives for the better. In exchange, we'll offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent, continuously learn and develop, and drive change to defeat diabetes and other serious chronic conditions.
The team is comprised of collaborative, diverse and passionate people who have a true sense of pride in their work and are committed to helping others grow and develop in their careers. You'll also have a platform to engage with key stakeholders on a global scale throughout the entire pipeline process. And while changing the future of diabetes treatment is no easy task, we also recognize the importance of an enjoyable workplace, which is why we've cultivated a culture of fun, ingenuity and innovation. And our competitive compensation package, generous benefits, and support of a healthy work-life balance all add to a best-in-class employee experience. We are changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The US Device Research (USDR) iOS Developer will contribute to the USDR vision to explore and develop new technology, product ideas, and game-changers in the field of Digital Therapeutics that may hold the potential to add value to patients and Novo Nordisk in the future within therapeutic areas covered by Novo Nordisk corporate strategy. The iOS Developer will engage in all aspects of the mobile environment from working with API services, integrating with 3rd party software, and developing mobile digital therapeutics applications on iOS.
The iOS Developer reports to a member of the USDR management team.
Internal relationships include R&D colleagues in Seattle and in Denmark. This includes engineers, software developers, designers, user researchers, data scientists, and others.
External relationships include relationships with commercial and academic collaboration partners, and may include Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI) Seattle researchers.
* Act as a leader to other developers, designers, and engineers to build world class digital therapeutic iOS mobile applications that are classified by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) as Software as Medical Device (SaMD)
* Set direction on development tools and technology stack to enable scalable, reliable software development inside and outside of a design control process
* Develop in sprints as a part of a Scrum team
* Help to establish a continuous integration framework with automated build, test and release structure
* Participate in design reviews, both internally and as a reviewer of 3rd party work packages
* Participate in partnership discussions concerning software development
* Work within a regulated design control environment
* Work with cross-functional teams, including Quality Assurance (QA), Regulatory, and Engineering to ensure design for testability
* Write high-quality code for large-scale global implementation of highly-scrutinized medical device software
* Other duties as assigned
Approximately 10% overnight travel.
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field required
* 7+ years of experience in mobile development required. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience as appropriate
* Experience shipping polished production iOS apps. Experience with Android a plus
* Experience in regulated medical device development or in other regulated field preferred
* Ability to spar with System Engineers to derive and refine requirements, risks, risk mitigations, and software architecture
* Experience working with remote data via REST required
* Deep understanding of mobile software patterns and requirements
* Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
* The ability to work with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability
* Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and work well with others
* Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn new products and technologies
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
* Take initiative on assigned special projects and complete projects in a timely manner
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Detail oriented with strong documentation skills
* Ability to influence, communicate, and collaborate across an organization
* Ability to develop and implement sound technical solutions to complex problems
* Ability to work independently and in teams, and to collaborate with external parties
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer /F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.