The Inventory Specialist is responsible for maintaining and managing inventory. Must enter data on parts held by the company and those shipped to other organizations into relevant databases. This specialist must recognize and resolve quantity discrepancies, make quantity reports, create request tickets as needed, and prepare extensive quantitative statements that help with inventory control duties. Must be able to participate in company meetings and provide recommendations on how to make inventory control responsibilities more efficient. This position reports to the Senior Accounting Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain adequate inventory levels to meet customer demand * Investigate and correct discrepancies in reported quantities and locations of all inventory * Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to identify trends in productivity * Coordinate with customer service and purchasing departments * Check date-sensitive products for expiration and facilitate removal or transfer of product as needed * Perform process, system testing, and track performance by area to locate and solve problems in data integrity, productivity, and efficiency * Instruct on proper procedures for locating and utilizing product inventory * Ability to write work instructions and process flow * Stabilize perpetual inventory systems * UOM corrections and validations
* Perform other assigned duties and tasks necessary to support the accounting department. * Follow and adhere to all safety and security policies and regulations. * Report to work on a regular and consistent basis. * Perform month end close.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
* Proficiently utilize MS Office products including Outlook, Excel, and Word. * Understand basic accounting principles. * Focus and deliver targeted results. * Maintain excellent organization. * Research and resolve problems. * Operate in fast paced environment with attention to detail. * Work independently, with minimal supervision. * Arrange competing priorities to meet goals and deadlines. * Perform data entry with a high level of accuracy. * Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, including listening to others attentively and retaining and processing information. * Build alliances, partnerships and collaboration with co-workers in a tactful, professional and respectful manner. Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills. * Promote a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, and socially responsible while championing an energetic and positive work culture. * Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control. * Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data. * Database management skills. * Ability to analyze and solve problems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma or equivalent. * Three (3) years accounts receivable, business to business credit and collection experience. * Any combination of education and experience to demonstrate proficiency. * Process/Job Cost Experience * Repair Facility Experience Preferred * Troubleshooting system issues
* Associates degree in related field from an accredited institution. * Three (3) or more years of experience in a repair facility or manufacturing environment. * Two (2) or more years of costing experience preferred
* Frequent work in an office environment with extended computer use and paperwork. * Flexibility to work extended hours and occasional weekends
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.