MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of Core Engineering technology areas, its products, and supporting functions
* Assist in every step of an audit including scoping, planning, fieldwork and reporting
* Execute audit testing and supervise junior team members to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
* Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
* Prepare commercially effective audit conclusions and findings, and present to IA senior management and business clients
* Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
* Assist in the audit team's continuous monitoring effort to cover market and regulatory events, business and technology updates and audit/reviews completed
* Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving IA's processes and supporting infrastructure
General Skills and Experience:
* Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
* Solid analytical skills
* Strong ability to quickly learn new technologies
Core Engineering Technology Team Specific Skills and Experience:
* 1-5 years of experience in technology audit focusing on infrastructure technology and best practices for managing infrastructure technology
* Experience with Cloud Computing, Core Infrastructure platforms (networking, storage, operating systems), Data Platforms (Big Data, Relational Databases), and information and cybersecurity platforms and processes,
* Experience with Machine Learning, automation/scripting, system development and testing, DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering is a strong plus
* Experience with Data Analytics tools and techniques
* Previous experiences in a hand-on engineering role a plus
* Knowledge of relevant technology standards and regulations - ISO 27001, Data Privacy, FFIEC IT handbooks etc.
* Business/financial product knowledge and/or related industry experience are a plus
* 4-year degree in a technology discipline, and ideally a graduate degree in a related subject
* Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CISM, CCSP etc.) is a plus
* Experience in managing audit engagements or technology project
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.