Summary of Role:
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to work in the US Tapeout and Operations organization. You will be responsible for developing software solutions and infrastructure that will be utilized to generate mask data in the Tapeout Operations organization. This role requires a close working relationship with the engineers that use the applications in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip manufacturing. Strong Computer Science fundamentals are required to function in a challenging position with a breadth of responsibilities.
* Work through all stages of the software development life-cycle from requirements, development, test and release using Agile disciplines
* Modify existing software infrastructure to debug and correct critical issues.
* Strong OO programming and design skills
* Interact with other teams such as mask recipe engineers and process engineers to obtain information on functional requirements and priorities for new features.
* Maintain detailed application documentation and revision control
* Work in a dynamic collaborative environment requiring strong team skills with programmers, engineers, managers, and production employees.
* Individuals with strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and who are able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills are preferred.
* Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and program
* BS Student enrolled in an accredited program on Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related fields.
* Experience - Appropriate college course work.
* Basic understanding of semiconductor fabrication process, semiconductor devices.
* Must have some web development experience, and comfortable with developing on a LINUX platform.
* Excellent academic standing.
* Strong written and oral communications skills.
* Attention to detail. Self-motivated; able to take ownership of assignments, develop work plans and proactively seek feedback to ensure objectives are aligned and met.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.