Job FamilyWeb Development
Job Description SummaryTransamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years, and we're proud of the trust we've earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance, investments, and retirement accounts. We're also in the business of helping people improve their financial and personal well-being, so they can add more years to their lives, and more life to their years.
Are you an experienced Salesforce developer who is looking for a new challenge? Bring your technology passion to our team and contribute your expertise to design and build a world-class Salesforce platform to meet the evolving requirements for our business and our customers. You will get to work with a supportive and fast-paced team building the latest Salesforce technologies with opportunities to continue to develop your knowledge and skills.
Responsible for developing, testing, and implementing complex portions or components of internal or external web sites and applications.Job Description
* Work with team members to participate in development of specifications and technical designs for complex projects using a combination of out of the box features and custom code
* Design, code and unit test to ensure adequate code coverage across solutions
* Champion coding and compliance standards, SOX, and best practices around development
* Demonstrate a very good understanding of software development principles, and research tools
* Provide support to team members in solving problems, analyzing designs, and performing peer reviews
* Proactively research and make recommendations regarding new features made available with each Salesforce Release
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technically related field, or equivalent education/experience.
* Minimum of 2 years work experience. Masters degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field with 1 year experience is also acceptable.
* Excellent knowledge of CRM concepts
* 1+ years of experience with Salesforce Declarative Development
* 1+ years programming Visualforce, APEX API, SOQL
* Understanding of Databases and SQL
* Experience with REST APIs
* Salesforce Developer I Certification
* Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum
* Experience with enterprise integration tools and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools •
* Experience in developing and consuming web services
* Experience working with Salesforce Lightning Experience
* Experience with SQL Server
* Salesforce Developer II Certification
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
* Superior problem solving skills
* Ability to resolve most of complex problems and errors that occur for processes and applications in a division
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to multi task and meet deadlines
* Must be a team player
* Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision
* Normal office environment
* Ability to work on-call outside of regular work hours as needed
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways - throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.