JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network includes an acute care hospital and more than 40 community-based clinics, including 19 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or www.teamacclaim.org.
Intermediate Application Analyst - Soft Legacy Support
John Peter Smith Hospital
Description: The Intermediate Applications Analyst is responsible for obtaining and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the Epic software functionality and for combining that knowledge with information technology experience to build and maintain a system which will enhance clinical workflows. Responsible for the design, build, testing, validation, implementation, and ongoing support of Epic clinical applications.
* Analyzes and completes service requests and provides application support for assigned applications and systems by performing workflow assessments, capturing business needs and analyzing internal systems to determine functional requirements while mentoring application analysts.
* Performs complex system configuration changes related to upgrades and vendor related fixes and notifications.
* Coordinates design development and implementation of larger initiatives.
* Participates in the development of testing scenarios and testing scripts; participates in application unit level and integrated testing.
* Keeps abreast of industry trends, vendor offerings and user groups and partners with customers to implement as appropriate.
* Creates and modifies reports as required and complete appropriate data validation.
* Follows departmental processes, including but not limited to on call, project prioritization, status reports, security, documentation, change control, RCA, and time tracking.
* Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or a related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* 3 plus years of experience working in health care information technology.
* 3 plus years implementing or supporting healthcare clinical or business application.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* 6 plus years of related Epic systems experience.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* If required, must obtain current certification in assigned application(s). (i.e.) Epic certification in appropriate module(s) required within specified timeframe following class completion and analyst who support Epic modules must maintain certification on current version of Epic.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* License or Federal Registry in relevant health care field.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104