Job Title: Integration Technician
Location: Newport, MN (BT office and warehouse facility)
We Bring It All Together For You
BT Global Services is a managed networked IT services company, operating globally and delivering locally. We work for 8,500 organizations worldwide, such as BMW, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Heinz, PepsiCo, Bristol-Myers Squibb, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Fiat, Microsoft, NATO, NYSE, Unilever, Volkswagen and Volvo. They rely on our networks and services for their success.
Heritage and Scope
We understand networks and our customers draw on our more than 30 years of experience. We have a unique breadth of scope, reach and capability. Our network reaches all corners of the world, underpinning global business by delivering networked IT services securely and efficiently wherever it operates. We're part of BT Group, which, with annual revenues of more than $30 billion, is one of the 200 largest companies in the world. BT is a direct descendent of the world's first commercial telecommunications undertaking. Founded in 1846, it was the forerunner of today's $3.2 trillion IT industry. With privatization in 1984, BT heralded today's vibrant and competitive telecommunications industry.
About the role:
The BT Deployment Services Integration Team is responsible for the Staging of network devices centrally in our Oakdale Minnesota facility. The equipment handled by the Integration Team typically includes the following types of equipment from a variety of vendors:
3. WLAN Controllers and Access Points
Daily activity typically consists of:
1. Monitoring and updating work queues
2. Review of Account Team Supplied Low Level Designs, BOMs, and Configurations
3. Physical assembly
4. Load of Standard Operating Systems and Firmware
6. Box Level Testing
7. Integration Testing
9. Prep for Shipping
The Deployment Services Integration Technician works primarily out of the BT Integration facility where they:
* Monitor/update work queues, prioritize requests, and assist in the distribution of work load across the team.
* Work with Project Managers, Build Managers, or Engineers as required to obtain work instruction and provide feedback
* Carry out and oversee quality integration duties to enhance BT/Client networks.
* Provide feedback on schedules and competing priorities to the requesting PMs or clients.
* Receive service requests for the assembly and / or configuration of IT equipment
* Receive equipment from the Warehouse facility
* Receive detailed assembly, configuration, and testing work instructions
* Receive detailed labelling, packaging and shipping instructions
* Assemble and configure IT equipment
* Where required, interconnect equipment and perform integration testing
* Record and post as-built configuration and test result details
* Label and package equipment for shipping
* Position equipment for return to the warehouse or for shipping
* Provide input to the DS Bid Process (e.g., brainstorm integration capabilities and approaches, provide labor estimates)
* Perform technical and administrative tasks that contribute to the guidance and upkeep of the team and its business objectives.
In some limited situations this work may be performed at client premises.
Qualifications and Required Experience / Education / Skillsets / Responsibilities:
Experience / Education:
* Experience in working in large enterprise environments
* 5 years of IT networking experience
* "CCENT" or "CCNA - Routing and Switching" certifications or equivalent
* Experience implementing and modifying low-voltage cabling environments
* TCP/IP Networking Fundamentals
* Router and Switch Configuration (Cisco IOS, Junos)
* Network Troubleshooting
* Routing Protocols
* Cisco IOS Scripting with TCL
* WLAN Concepts and Configuration
* Ability to setup and interconnect equipment in testbeds
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
* Good English and communications skills
Existing authorization to work in the United States is required.
Relocation support for this position is not currently available.
BT is an employee-oriented company that offers a collaborative environment. Above & beyond your base salary are the following: comprehensive healthcare including medical, dental and vision coverage; 401K match; flex spending accounts; short/long term disability & life insurance; vacation time off; annual bonus; etc.
BT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.