A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You'll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
* Train and lead staff
* Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with end users to understand and document business and functional requirements for complex projects, as well as collaborating with technical teams across the full software development life cycle.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in analytical, organizational, planning and project management specific abilities in the software development lifecycle processes, including the following areas:
* Utilizing n-tier development, SDLC, agile and Object-oriented design;
* Designing and implementing technology for new or existing business applications;
* Developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines;
* Problem solving capabilities demonstrated by a thorough ability to debug and troubleshoot complex software orchestrations and identify solution options and/or alternatives; and,
* Scoping and estimating project tasks, as well as managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in creative thinking and problem solving skills, individual initiative including the following areas:
* Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts;
* Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data;
* Leading a key workstream in an engagement(s), staying educated on current trends and assisting in the development of knowledge capital;
* Collaborating with business teams responsible for writing and presenting proposals to prospective clients;
* Supporting practice teams for a specific operation or process; and,
* Managing and/or contributing to project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and successful completion of engagement workstream(s).
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
* Software development in Java/JEE or C#/ .NET, web and middleware integration technologies like web services, RESTful APIs, MQ, MQTT and message brokers;
* Synchronous and asynchronous messaging and publish/subscribe integration patterns;
* Relational Database modelling and Management including Oracle, SQL server, PostgreSQL, SQL, JDBC, NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, MongoDB or CouchDB;
* Application development frameworks like Spring, Hibernate and AngularJS;
* Application Servers such as Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic and JBoss;
* Hands on specialization in linux command line tools and bash shell scripting;
* SDLC tools like Maven, Ant, SVN/Git and Jira;
* Web Services and API testing tools like SoapUI;
* Troubleshooting skills in the API Management and Gateway space (Mainly Apigee); and,
* Implementing API Security and Access Control (OAuth/SAML, Web SSO, SSL etc.).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) is a global provider of auditing, accounting, and assurance services for organizations and individuals.