The Marlin Alliance Inc. is seeking an Installation Support Analyst to provide technical support and analysis to SPAWARs Fleet Readiness Directorate Installations Offices. Anticipated travel is minimal (>5%). Salary is commensurate with experience. The candidate must have or be able to obtain a DoD clearance.
Established in 2002, The Marlin Alliance, Inc. a woman-owned small business provides transformation consulting, professional services, and technical support to government, military, healthcare, telecommunications, and utility industry clients. www.themarlinalliance.com
Duties / Responsibilities
* Research, analyze, and develop technical data in support of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR)/Information Technology (IT) systems and shore and ship-based installation processes.
* Analyze and format technical data to assist FRD leadership to monitor and control installation processes and milestones as defined in the SPAWAR Shore Installation Handbook.
* Perform risk assessment of planned installation, modification, and removal of (C4ISR)/IT system, sub-system, or component (Hardware or Software) at Navy ship and shore activities.
* Provide progress status reports on significant technical or programmatic issues or concerns related to installation of C4ISR/IT systems.
* Coordinate installation efforts with FRD Installation Offices (FIOs), In-Service Engineering Activities (ISEA), ship and shore commands, Type Commanders (TYCOMs), Installation Activities, Platform PMWs, and other stakeholders.
* Prepare installation status and evaluation reports, assessment of program/project resource requirements and installation documentation, based on thorough review of all installation documentation and databases.
* Oversee capability and requirements analysis for Navy shore and ship-based systems installations.
* Evaluate Navy facilities for design, development, integration, and implementation of system installations.
* Proven programmatic installation experience in a DoD capacity.
* DoD Secret Clearance.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational and workload management, and interpersonal and team-building skills are required.
Work Environment and Mental/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
* Typical office environment with no unusual hazards.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Constant sitting while using the computer terminal.
* Constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents.
* Constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication.
* Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching may be required.
* Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
* Constant use of mental alertness.
* Frequent work under deadlines.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.