At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, Paris, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
The Infrastructure Engineering team is 20 engineers who develop and run our data analytics platform. This platform, built at Mixpanel, serves all of our analytics and machine learning products. Our goal is to support complex queries over terabytes of data and hundreds of servers at interactive speeds. Our key focus areas are high scalability, high reliability, low latency, and low cost.
We're looking for someone with:
* Experience in distributed systems, database internals, storage or query engines
* At least 3 years of experience building infrastructure
Infrastructure Engineering Values:
* We believe in being customer obsessed no matter your role
* We believe in working smarter, not harder. Prioritize ruthlessly and optimize for delivering value for customers
* We believe in good judgement over process and policies
* We believe in shipping early and iterating, over creating perfect plans
* Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
* Customer Focus: Our customers' success is our success.
* Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
* Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
* One Team: We can't win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.