Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match.
Perform routine maintenance functions, including audits and system maintenance. Provide support on all computer systems and telephone systems within Barton Creek.
* Provides technical support on all computer systems in the hotel. Installs computer hardware and software, maintaining the latest version of service packs. Ensures proper operation of IT equipment while troubleshooting hardware or software issues.
* Ensure that IT systems and controls are in place to comply with corporate policy and procedures in maintaining compliance with PCI standards, backup policies and other Corporate IT standards; performs audits, system maintenance and security reviews.
* Remains abreast of changes in user, system software and hardware requirements.
* Troubleshoot network and system problems; Perform diagnosis on system problems, recommend and implement solutions or draw upon other resources and/or vendors to resolve.
* Train users on proper way to use and maintain the system, which may include conducting training and retraining sessions with hotel associates.
* Coordinate installation of new systems and equipment and assist in any corporate programs or initiatives, which may include beta testing.
* Provide onsite assistance with company issued phones and be liaison between Telecom Providers ensuring all phones are issued per company policy
* Troubleshoot basic telecommunications issues throughout the hotel, including guest rooms and assist with telephone moves, add and changes.
* Complete work assigned by the Omni Hotels & Resorts Service Desk in a timely manner; prioritize and escalate issues as needed.
* Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale. Operations and Support
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
* Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
* Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
* Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
* Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
* Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies. Maintenance
* Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
* Configure / add new services as necessary.
* Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
* Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
* Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
* Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or minimum of 2 years of relevant IT experience
* Preferred Experience: Opera PMS | Micros POS | Networking | Microsoft O365
* Required Experience: Microsoft Office Suite 2010,2013,2016 | Troubleshooting Java | Microsoft 7 & 10 Pro
* Knowledge in hardware trouble shooting, software installation, telephone and voicemail system installation
* Previous hospitality experience preferred
* Good verbal/written communication skills
* Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
* Responsibilities will require being on call and at times working off hours based on critical system outages, upgrades, etc.
* No regular travel required