Responsible for the administration, maintenance, and development of all Police Information Systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for the administration and management for the Police Department servers, personal computers, computer programs, video servers, and networks. Ensures that appropriate back-ups of the systems are performed on a regular basis and that, in the event of data loss, the system can be restored in a timely manner
* Acts as the internal resource on all Information Technology (I.T.) projects for the Police Department. Prepares appropriate solicitation documents where needed, as well as recommended specifications for projects. Assists in making recommendations for various I.T. projects based on current trends in technology and related programs
* Coordinates system maintenance and works with vendors to achieve successful outcomes
* Assists with the installation and support of computer hardware and software
* Recommends public safety IT related goals and objectives and assists in implementation
* Coordinates the purchase of equipment and services
* Keeps key command staff and other appropriate personnel apprised of significant technological developments and public safety IT best practices
* Serves as liaison for issues relating to public safety technology to other divisions, departments and outside agencies; responds to and resolves requests, inquiries and issues
* Attends new product and technology training sessions; stays informed of new trends and innovations in the field of IT and public safety
* Oversee all computer systems dealing with police records, including RMS (records management system)
* Complies with all Village Policies, Protocols, and Procedures
* Performs other duties as required or assigned
The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in computer science or a closely related field, and three (3) years of progressively responsible related experience preferred or, any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, LEADS, Records Management Software, and all other Department related software.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write articles using innovative techniques. Ability to make effective and presentations on complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or Boards of Trustees.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts and they apply to computer science. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Work includes the use of a computer monitor. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All employees are expected, as a condition of employment, to adopt the concept that the safe way to perform a task is the most efficient and the only acceptable way to perform it. Safety adherence of performance will be considered an important measure of employee performance evaluation. As such, the employee must:
* Comply with established safe work rules
* Report all accidents and injuries immediately and cooperate in all accident and injury investigations, supplying full and complete information
* Submit recommendations for Safety and efficiency, as well as report defective equipment and unsafe conditions
* Know their exact duties in case of fire or catastrophe
* Provide public protection from unsafe conditions and hazards
Applications will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. on July 31, 2019.