Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Cloud Engineer function within the Service Delivery Infrastructure group at Medidata is a software engineering position, involving the continual development of our existing deployment and infrastructure automation tools. The candidate will be primarily responsible for development, enhancement, troubleshooting and maintenance for infrastructure hosted in Private Datacenter. Your solutions will be secure, scalable, testable, and maintainable. The role will also require coming up with new cutting edge tools and workflows to manage an ever growing amount of applications, services and data which comprise our Medidata Clinical Cloud SaaS solution. We use software engineering skills to solve Infrastructure operational problems.
* Building and maintaining deployment and infrastructure automation tools
* Help the team build and maintain processes and tools for rapid deployment of infrastructure, monitoring and operations
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments
* Help performance tune and optimize distributed systems, operating systems, networks, and applications
* Implement system management strategies for optimization, rapid feedback and high availability
* Define requirements for current and future tools development.
* Provide technical solutions that are sustainable, supportable & scalable.
* Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
* Experience participating in code reviews and making recommendations on requirements and best practices.
* Deliver the required functionality in an agreed upon timely manner / work in an modified Scrum environment
* Bridge the gap between development and operations to ensure successful delivery of projects
* Build backend frameworks that are maintainable, flexible and scalable
* Provide operational support and automation tools to application developers
* Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible or an equivalent
* A strong understanding of code and scripting (Powershell, Python)
* Experience with database systems (MySQL and/or SQL Server)
* Familiarity with a public cloud provider - AWS, Openstack,.etc
* Understanding of scaling technologies and solutions.
* Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, GoCD)
* Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team preferred
* Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
* Focus on continuous improvement, results and driving work to achieve goals
* Ability to produce quality software under tight time constraints
* Experience with database technologies
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Your Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree and a degree in computer science or a related field is preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata's solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Medidata is a company developing digital transformation solutions for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data.