Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives - tools often reserved for the wealthy.
We began our journey by bringing together two industry-leading firms to form a foundation in tax-smart investing that is unreplaceable in the industry. TaxAct is an innovative tax software company that helps more than 4 million Americans prepare their own taxes each year. HD Vest is the first firm in the world to make it possible for tax professionals to support clients' wealth management needs (now over $45B for more than 300,000 Americans).
We now turn to the next leg, developing the technological tools that make our vision of financial health for all a reality. Atypical for the financial services industry, we take a contemporary approach to strategy and product development that is founded in user insights, rapid testing and a singular focus on driving end-user value.
Since charting new territory on a daily basis is part of everyone's job at Blucora, we've attracted team members who thrive on the challenge, encourage each other, and are passionately committed to the goal. If you agree that problem- solving is a team sport, and feel energized by a good debate, deep dive research, or a fun night out with colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!
The Information Security Specialist will provide IT security analysis, engineering and support by leveraging multiple information security platforms. The Information Security Specialist provides in-depth vulnerability assessments, incident analysis & response, forensics, firewall administration and other security solutions. Primary responsibilities include implementing security measures (technical, physical and administrative) to protect the enterprise as well as prevent data loss and respond to security incidents.
Essentials Duties & Responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to troubleshoot and isolate issues as it relates to security issues.
* In-depth knowledge on the design, implementation, and maintenance of security systems and service as well as operating systems, applications, network, and database security architectures as well as the OSI model.
* Ability to assist in the implementation of security measures based on appropriate principles, theories, methods, and techniques.
* Ability to function within a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) and perform reverse malware analysis or exploit research.
* Other job duties as defined.
Education & Experience
* 10 years of experience in information technology with at least five (5) years in a security administration with supporting job description history.
* Bachelor Degree or higher in an Information Technology or Information Security field.
* Experience with Palo Alto firewalls. Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (CNSE) preferred.
* Extensive knowledge of protocols such as MPLS-VPN, SIP, BGP, OSPF, RIP, etc.
* Experience with advanced malware detection systems.
* Understanding and hands on security experience with cloud deployments.
* Two industry recognized certifications in information security obtained from ISACA, ISC2, GIAC, EC-Council, or CompTIA; with one of them being the CISSP.
* Experience with endpoint encryption, SIEM, application scanning, IdM, DLP, forensics, and experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC).
* Strong knowledge of Active Directory/LDAP and RADIUS as well as network monitoring, log management, correlation, intrusion detection, and threat monitoring with the ability to perform detailed root cause analysis.
* Experience with PCI-DSS Compliance, NIST Cybersecurity and 800-53 Frameworks. Familiarity or supported load balancers technologies such as F5 and MLB and Riverbeds.
* Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems as well as SQL Database servers.
* Knowledge of programing languages such as .NET, PHP, Pearl, etc.
* Proficiency with Nessus, NeXpose, and Metasploit vulnerability scanning tools.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Blucora, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Blucora, Inc considers information gathered in the hiring process, including information on this application, confidential, and only shares it on a need-to know basis or as required by law. Please let us know if you need accommodations in order to participate in the application process.