The Information Security Engineer is responsible for helping to define, drive, and deliver technology products, service standards, and governance routines aligned with Bank of America's information security strategy. The successful applicant will demonstrate knowledge and experience with information security controls, infrastructure and implementation techniques; as well as superior organizational and cross-functional communication skills to drive security strategy and design across the Enterprise.
The team is focused in the strategy and design of controls for protecting sensitive data, and this role will concentrate on controls relating to data at rest and database activity monitoring.
You will direct or coordinate with technology teams within Global Technology that research, engineer, test, implement, communicate, monitor, and maintain solutions supporting the Bank's information security policies and/or procedures. You will utilize your in-depth knowledge and business requirements to design and engineer secure solutions to meet customer/client needs, or to address critical audit findings while protecting the Bank's data assets.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Experience with Database Activity Monitoring technology
* Hands-on experience with Data Loss Prevention security controls and database security concepts.
* Familiarity with data inspection techniques for structured data and unstructured data.
* Experience with SIEM tools including Splunk and Arcsight.
* Experience leading complex technical projects, meeting target timelines, facilitating project meetings, authoring project documentation, issue resolution, and project resource identification.
* Demonstrated ability to self-direct project outcomes, with minimal supervision
* Security Certification such as CISSP, ISSEP, CISA, CEH.
* Experience with IBM Guardium Database Activity Monitoring technology.
* Familiarity with operating principles for different data storage technologies including midrange, mainframe, and Hadoop, and the implications to database security and database activity monitoring.
* Experience with change and project management methodologies and principles and demonstrated ability to integrate them into project design.
* Knowledge of User and Entity Behavior Analytics and associated technologies.
* Exceptional communication and customer relationship skills. Ability to build consensus and cooperation as well as to influence, interact and negotiate with senior leadership in the organization.
* Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization.
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite including MS Project and Visio.
Enterprise Role Overview:
Key individual contributor, with accountability for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting information security & directory technology systems (software & hardware). Utilizes in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design & implement secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank's assets. Develops and implements security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse environment (e.g. client server, distributed, mainframe, etc.). Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Posting Date: 07/12/2019
Location: Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135), Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044), - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift