Description:Now more than ever, Lockheed Martin's customers are focusing on, and demanding increased security of our platforms and products. As a member of the LM Aero Cyberworks Team, you will be able to apply your unique skills to protect our customers products and help ensure mission success in the face of the evolving cyber threat landscape.
The chosen candidate for this position will work in the LM Aeronautics Cyber Range (ACR), a new world class facility to perform platform penetration testing and cyber security assessment of embedded avionics and weapons systems support of various Aeronautics programs.
This position requires a strong background in various hardware processing architectures with specific attention to embedded avionics and aircraft systems that utilize Real-Time Operating System (RTOS).
The chosen candidate for this position must be willing to learn and grow with the demands of the business while being able to effectively work in a team environment to help deliver results. This will also require effective documentation and verbal communication skills to help inform and educate other team members and peers in the company and industry.
Due to the dynamics of the Team Charter, the chosen candidate must have the ability to multi-task and perform in an interrupt-driven, non-deterministic environment while working independently and as a team. This position requires the ability to foster new ideas/concepts and generate synergy with the team, maintain a team and mission-oriented attitude, and be self-motivated when given assignments.
Must be a US citizen. This position requires special access and a Secret clearance to start.
Typically has at least 2 years of experience in engineering development, test, or cyber security with a background demonstrating a working understanding of 2 or more of the following:
* understanding of processor architectures (PowerPC, Intel, ARM, SPARC, etc.)
* network bus architectures typically found in aircraft systems
* secure implementation/operation of penetration testing methodologies and tools
* software development in a variety of programming languages specifically aimed at embedded avionics and aircraft systems
* Reverse Engineering
* scripting experience (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
* Operating Systems for embedded Real-Time environments typically used in avionic and aircraft systems (not mobile devices or IoT)
* Experience developing test plans and procedures for avionic systems
* Effective analytical and critical thinking skills along with proven problem solving and follow-thru are a must for this position.
* Demonstrated self-starter and team player with ability to quickly learn new concepts with guidance from senior team members.
* Familiarity with Information Security practices
* Familiarity with information system penetration testing techniques and tools
* Cryptography, encryption and algorithm analysis, etc.
* Experience with security tools such as Kali Linux, as well as able to find unique ways to use other tools for embedded pen testing
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.