Development Sciences Informatics is seeking a talented and experienced Informatician to lead scientific data management efforts. Development Sciences (DevSci) is a translational science organization that plays a critical role in Genentech Research and Early Development as well as late stage development of our products at Roche. DevSci supports drug discovery and development projects across all therapeutic areas from discovery to launch and beyond. We are poised at a unique time when large volumes of complex and varied internal and external data needs to be readily accessible to ensure that swift interpretation and decision making can occur. These data impact decisions in ongoing preclinical and clinical programs, and provide key knowledge to inform new target discovery. DevSci Informatics is accountable for leading the strategy and execution around data lifecycle management, data standards, analytics infrastructure, ongoing data operations and informatics systems.
* Partner closely with scientists to envision, implement, and support informatics tools and business process that enhance our ability to acquire, store, transform, visualize and analyze data.
* Drive a variety of complex informatics projects and services to enable the storage, organization, dissemination, and analytics of dynamic drug development data.
* Lead scientific business analysis efforts to understand current and emerging needs.
* Lead project teams in strategic planning and implementation of scientific and operational informatics solutions for multiple functions to ensure data accessibility, quality, and integrity.
* Oversee the ongoing support, maintenance and evolution of informatics systems.
* Manage junior informatics analysts and contract services.
Who you are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Competencies and Qualifications:
* Thorough understanding of R&D processes and scientific data life cycle. Familiarity with biomarkers, PK/PD, toxicology/pathology data and both clinical and nonclinical studies.
* Proven track record of leading complex scientific informatics projects. Ability to make project decisions independently.
* Up to date knowledge of informatics technology trends and utilities in general, and in particular for pharmaceutical research and development. Familiarity with informatics systems, relational and non-relational databases, scripting languages, and data visualization tools. Working knowledge of scientific research applications development cycles, data management techniques and infrastructure requirements.
* Experience working with CROs and CRO data is preferred.
* Excellent people and communication skills.
* Scientific degree with 8-12 years of relevant experience. Advanced degree a plus.