HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare-now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
The HR Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple simultaneous projects of all sizes to completion. The person in this role is responsible for leading the project team through the life cycle of a project and achieving timely completion of business objectives using various project methodologies.
* With minimal supervision oversees all size HR projects.
* Manages project alignment with business goals and strategy in collaboration with Senior Leadership.
* Ensures scope, goals, and objectives are clearly defined and documented.
* Plans the course of action required to attain defined objectives, and develops a project management plan, including but not limited to scope management, risk managements, resources management, communication, change management and scope control.
* Oversees successful execution of each project plan through effective problem solving, conflict resolution, monitoring and project controls.
* Effectively interfaces and communicates with all levels of staff and management in a clear, professional and concise manner.
* Manages daily activities of the project team to ensure timely and quality completion of assigned projects or tasks.
* Closes out projects, verifying and documenting project results, prepares final reports, summarizes successes and provides recommendations for improvements.
* Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
* Develop and standardize project management processes with in HR; create forms, templates, tools and resources needed for tracking, measurement and other efficiencies.
* Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Possess excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
* Possess superior interpersonal skills and communication skills
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Access
* Familiarity with web-based tools and other reporting tools, data mining skills a plus
* Possess strong work ethic and high level of integrity
* Strong leadership and mentoring skills and experience
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to think strategically with appropriate level of detail analysis to plan and execute
* Ability to solve problems and drive issues or projects to conclusion
* Ability to work collaboratively across the organization
* Be proactive and possess the ability to think strategically with appropriate level of detailed analysis to plan and execute
* Ability to work independently
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
* Ability to communicate and exchange information
* Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
* Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
* Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
* May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
* May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
* PMP certification preferred
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Master's degree preferred
Minimum Related Work Experience:
* 5 plus years of project management experience required
* Supervisory experience preferred
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.