Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for an HL7 Interface Developer in our Fort Myers, FL location who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the notable work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
An HL7 Interface Developer is responsible for the technical initiation, maintenance and modification of both business to business and internal NeoGenomics Laboratories system interfaces. This position will perform analysis, development, validation and maintenance of assigned system interfaces while serving as Tier 2 support to interfaces users. In this position, we will interact with internal and external teams throughout multiple project phases and is charged with ensuring the services that he/she provides to the successful accomplishment of the primary mission of the company. The position supports both client and NeoGenomics Laboratories project management teams to help meet project schedules, plans and timelines. The position reports directly to the Senior Business Systems Analyst or as otherwise assigned.
* Build each new system interface using NeoGenomics Laboratories in-house interface engine / application.
* Work with NeoGenomics Laboratories teams, partner companies, new / existing customers, and third party system vendors.
* Collaborate with system analysts and interface engineers within the customer's IT organization.
* Operate closely with the NeoGenomics Laboratories Senior Business Systems Analyst, Data Migration Architect and HL7 Business Analyst on all interface related projects and improvements.
* Provide customer support and technical issue resolution relating to system interfaces.
* Demonstrate superb communication and human relationship skills.
* Provide recommendations for improvements in processes.
* Acts as technical partner concern point for NeoGenomics Laboratories Service Desk and Client Services teams for interface related issues.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Education: BA/BS degree strongly preferred.
* 5+ years technical customer service experience and interaction with healthcare IT vendor and hospital IT staff on technical issues.
* 5+ years of inbound HL7 interface analysis, development, troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Familiarity with the operations of various information systems present in a hospital/laboratory and the type of data each one processes.
* Understand the purpose and function of an inpatient and/or outpatient EMR and LIS applications.
* Strong ability in problem solving and malfunction diagnosing with a firm dedication to quality.
* Dedication to team environment including multi-functional roles; demonstrated history of self-motivation and working independently.
* Excellent working knowledge of Window Server environments, application support, troubleshooting, development tools and methodologies.
* Ability to acquire trust and respect of others as an effective critical issue point for installation issues; confirmed willingness and ability to receive and share knowledge with peers.
* Reconcile customer's goals, work methods, and policies with those of NeoGenomics Laboratories.
* Knowledge of database query language, e.g. SQL, and scripting experience.
* Experience with LIS (Laboratory Information System) applications, hospital and/or Pathology/Oncology systems such as EPIC, Cerner, MetaTech, Orchard Soft, SunQuest and Soft Computer.
* Laboratory, Pathology, Oncology or Hospital IT background.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.