General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Associate Help Desk Technician to support our Justice Programs team. In this position, you will directly support users over the phone with troubleshooting the applications and servers.
Perform activities associated with implementation, integration and support of computer systems in mission critical response operations environment.
* Provide IT support to all customers
* Receive customer IT queries by multiple methods (phone, self-service, etc.)
* Provide the necessary information in the ticket in the event the
* ticket is passed to another solver group
* Triage and troubleshoot tickets submitted
* Change and reset passwords on all FBI enclaves
* Provide desktop software application assistance and installation
* Resolve trouble tickets while interacting with the user, First Call
* resolution (FCR) or escalate to other support entities
* Remotely access the end-users desktop to provide support
* Provide customers with status of the ticket and serve as primary
* Give guidance to customers to resolve their issue and prevent
* recurrences of the issue to the best extend possible
* Provide expert technical support to customers having varying
* levels of computing skills
* Provide detailed diagnostic summary for the next tier level support
* Writing comprehensive diagnostic details in tickets after
* troubleshooting and triage activities
* Some college or equivalent experience; technical coursework
* Entry level with some prior experience providing technical support in a business environment.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills with customers and peers; tactful and effective customer communications.
* Strong team player
* Ability and willingness to evaluate and learn new technologies and apply them effectively.
Special Position Requirements
* United States citizenship
* Must have active Top Secret
* Ability to speak and communicate fluently in English languageAs a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
* Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
* Associate's Degree preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.