PBMares is a leading accounting and business consulting firm serving the Mid Atlantic, as well as specialty areas nationwide and internationally. With over 270 employees in Virginia and Maryland, we are a full-service accounting and advisory firm with a strong reputation for integrity and ethical leadership. We are also a firm that has experienced uninterrupted growth throughout our 50-year history. In 2018, we earned the honor of being named as one of the nations Top 100 accounting firms by INSIDE Public Accounting, the leading public accounting publication. With so much to offer professionals at all experience levels, PBMares is one firm you definitely want to get to know when youre ready to move forward in your career.
Were in search of a Help Desk Technician to join our Information Services Team. This role will sit in our Rockville, MD office and is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, software, and hardware issues. Other offices supported will include our Baltimore, MD and Fairfax, VA offices.
Responsibilities (with or without accommodations):
* Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware issues via phone, email, or in person
* Train new users
* Maintain daily performance of computer systems
* Install, modify, and repair computer software and hardware
* Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
* Install computer peripherals
* Follow up with users to ensure issue has been resolved
* Gain feedback from customers about computer usage
* High school diploma required, two year degree in related field preferred
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
* Ability to use detailed knowledge of Microsoft systems to effectively troubleshoot user access level issues
* Ability to work in an enterprise environment and function as a technical contributor among a team of peers and subject matter experts
* Ability to express technical information in a non-technical manner
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
* Ability to travel to Baltimore and Fairfax offices as needed
Our Firms policy is to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirements of sponsorship at any point in the future.