El Pollo Loco
Help Desk Analyst
Company & Culture: El Pollo Loco, Inc.
For over 35 years El Pollo Loco continues to dominate the market in delivering the best citrus-marinated fire-grilled chicken. It's our unique preparation of award-winning "pollo" and use of fresh, authentic ingredients that creates a deliciously, mouthwatering "crazy you can taste" experience. From our products to our people, we're truly amazing!
We opened our first restaurant in 1980 in Los Angeles, and today we are over 450 restaurants strong and still growing! So, if you crave growth, fun and success, then we have an excellent opportunity for you. It's all at your fingertips! Join our team and engage in cross functional activities where you will find challenge and inspiration in our fast paced, hands-on organization.
Requirements (our ideal candidates will possess):
* Experience: One year experience in an IT support department/help desk role, providing telephonic end-user support and/or minimum of two years as a restaurant manager expert in use of restaurant computer systems, preferably in the restaurant/retail industry with multi-units.
* Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required. BA/BS degree in Information Technology or related degree preferred.
* Driving/Vehicle: Valid driver's license required.
* Computer Software Skills: Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and the internet. Must be skilled with troubleshooting and problem solving a multitude of computer problems. Proficiency with setting up and maintaining software and hardware connections is required.
* Travel: The Help Desk Analyst must have the ability to travel out of town up to 50% of the time via car and/or plane.
The Help Desk Analyst investigates and resolves software and hardware problems of restaurant computer users. Provide POS installation, support and maintenance for company restaurants and franchise restaurants that use networked Point of Sale systems. Help Desk Analysts serve as first line primary support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice/e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer-related technologies.
* Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
* Monitors and troubleshoots daily polling processes.
* Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
* Performs level I troubleshooting for Helpdesk trouble tickets.
* Supports new product implementation.
* Interface with external vendors such as POS companies to resolve problems.
* Document Helpdesk processes and FAQ documents for Helpdesk portal.
* Consults with management to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs.
* Interacts professionally and ethically, constructively participating as a collaborative team member or leader in pursuit of common goals.
We offer EPL Support Center Employees the following Benefits/Perks:
* Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD Life & Disability
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* 401K with Matching
* Meal Discounts
* Work Hours: Full-Time schedule
* Work Attire: Primarily business casual, but we wear jeans on Fridays!
* Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The position regularly sits, hears, talks, repetitively uses hands to reach/handle/feel/ grasp objects, and uses close vision for viewing objects. Occasional standing, use of distant vision, and lifting up to 15 lbs. is required.
* Posting valid thru: Dec 31, 2019
El Pollo Loco is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Job number: 3166060
Category: Support Center
Location: CA, Costa Mesa, 9000 - Corp CA
About El Pollo Loco
El Pollo Loco Holdings is a company that develops, franchises, licenses, and operates quick-service restaurants.