Pixar's Software R&D department is responsible for developing Pixar's in-house proprietary animation software. Our Engineering Team is looking for a software engineer to help build and maintain the studio's specialized animation software. This position requires a deep understanding of software application engineering, an ability to collaborate in a large multi-functional team of accomplished developers, and skill in crafting and implementing robust, easy to maintain code.
* Develop, implement, test, and support 3D graphics software in a Linux environment
* Collaborate effectively with a team of engineers, QA, Build, UI, Doc, and Project Management
* Partner with artists and technologists to provide excellent software development and support for film production
* Collaborate on Open-Source initiatives like Hydra, OpenSubdiv and Universal Scene Description (USD)
* You are highly proficient in C++ and software engineering standard methodologies
* You have an adept knowledge of modern rendering architectures for rasterization or tracing, both hardware and software
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
* Strong ability to trouble-shoot with high attention to detail and quality
* You love working in a Linux development environment
* Previous experience and/or knowledge of 3D applications (e.g., Maya, Houdini, Katana)
* You enjoy and have experience working with technical and non-technical software users
* Proven ability to deliver high-quality software in our studio's fast-paced and dynamic environment while adhering to deadlines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with Hydra, OpenSubdiv or USD development is a plus
For more information about our graphics technologies visit graphics.pixar.com
Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We know our storytelling is at its best when we include, celebrate and embrace difference. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. | Follow us on Twitter @PixarRecruiting.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.