Graphics Architect, Research Team at Facebook reality LabsFacebook Reality Labs | Redmond, WA
At Facebook, we're developing the future of mixed and augmented reality (AR). We are currently seeking innovative system leads with a passion for working inter-disciplinary to develop technology and solve complex problems. Your job will be to drive and work with groups that are doing research and development for (e.g.) sensors, displays, and compute architectures, acting as the technical owner for one or more product architectures, aimed at pushing beyond the state of the art for all the core aspects of consumer MR/AR systems. This position requires someone who has expertise working with early technology paths; able to work collaboratively to manage system maturation, requirements, and respective risks; and focused on execution while providing clear and effective communication to remove barriers across the team. This also require a combination of education and experience in the research, development, and integration of advanced systems; which preferably includes systems aimed at capturing/delivering audio and video data streams.
* Drive development of system requirements to create new virtual and mixed reality experiences, and advance technologies necessary to create product architectures that can deliver these requirements.
* Engage cross-functionally with other researchers, management, and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, integration, infrastructure, and applications).
* Work closely with various organizations to define and execute the long-term roadmaps.
* Coordinate with our research, partnership, legal and incubation teams to both define and execute technology development with key partners, suppliers and academic institutions.
* Along with research and development leadership, communicate technology and product strategy effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
* Coordinate with team leads to progressively integrate the new technologies into prototype architectures.
* Facilitate and work with teams to alleviate project bottlenecks.
* MS degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or related field.
* 8+ years of experience in research development.
* Experience in developing systems with multi-function/multi-disciplinary threads.
* Experience managing hardware development or rapid prototyping projects.
* PhD in Computer Science, Physics, or related field.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work cross-disciplinary and mentor best practices and team members.