Graphics and Web Application Developer (BAST-19-0555-Z)
Bowhead is seeking a Graphics and Web Application Developer to support the Board on Army Systems and Technologies (BAST ) Team in Arlington, VA. The Graphics and Web Application Developer is responsible for design, layout, content creation, management and coordination of content on all BAST platforms as well as websites, online platforms, briefings, reports, displays, brochures and digital media.
Responsibilities to include:
* Develop communication and graphic recommendations that integrate the points of view of Futures Command into the Web and Social Media communication plans and graphic products.
* Provide advice, support and guidance on the preparation of command information for AFCs online presence and for stakeholders as well as online communication strategies, identify likely project risks and develop solutions options as well as mitigation strategies.
* Disseminate command and community relations messages using Internet (Web-based) campaigns.
* Develop Web/ social media guidance across Army Futures Command and various subordinate commands to inform internal and external audiences on Army Futures Programs and issues.
* Upkeep and maintenance of internal facing site that supports collaboration within the AFC teams.
* Provide guides, presentations and analytic information regarding collaboration sites and database functionality.
* Recommend development, maintenance, improvements and provide updates of daily operations on the AFC Communication Team workspace.
* Monitor content daily and make recommendations to update the workspace information to the assigned program manager.
* Create Web-based reports reflecting communication effectiveness measures and tracking studies for AFC intranet and internet sites.
* Assist in developing text, graphics, photos and other content for the AFC intranet and internet, or like mediums with the final product.
* Assess mainstream media outlets as well as Army-owned and operated platforms, to include, but not limited to: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube channels and provide recommendations to optimize execution and performance.
* Provide analytical expertise for the purposes of understanding the character, nature and trends of open source traditional and social media communication in the current time period, particularly with the emergence of social media.
* Identify, collect and publish required on-demand/ad hoc, daily, weekly, and monthly reports including a monthly analysis of traditional media and social media trends, tones, spokespeople, and recommendations from the command's media list (traditional, blogs, broadcast).
* Produce and direct photo, video and multimedia presentation utilizing industry's best practices
* Develop basic materials
* Develop and produce a wide variety of customized communication media products to include social and digital media infographics, video and animations including information pages, pamphlets, brochures, photos, videos, exhibits and exhibitions.
* Develop and produce a wide variety of customized communication media products to include social and digital media infographics, video and animations that clearly and concisely articulate AFC messages as well as design, create, reformat, and produce the AFC Pop- Up exhibits (banners) that highlight and support themes and messages from the Army's Modernization Priorities.
* Create industry standard image files such as flat and 3D imagery.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and is not currently funded. Please follow the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond.
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software, and the knowledge to recommend other software and hardware to increase product appearance
* Proficient in social media analytical tools such as Hootsuite and other analytical tools.
* Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Flash, Media Encoder, Illustrator, Acrobat), Visio, InDesign, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
* Proficient in producing 3-D drawings and capable of importing generic files from facilities and sites to render drawings.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* This position requires the employee to occasionally travel away from the normal duty station less than 30% of the time.
* Skilled in strategic engagement to work on a team supporting various online communication campaigns and programs.
* Proven track record of leading graphics and web design projects and successfully meeting goals on time
* Experience in corporate communications, stakeholder engagement, communication outreach and planning, to include knowledge of branding and social media
* Experience in supporting both traditional and non-traditional media, development and use of exhibits and collateral materials (banner stands, posters, brochures, etc.).
* Skilled in strategic engagement, outreach planning, and working with a wide variety of stakeholders and audiences.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold and be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY:
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply Online Send This Job to a Friend
© Ultimate Software