GitLab Operations Engineer
Boston, MA, US
Requisition Number: 73918
Insight Enterprises is looking for a REMOTE GitLab Operations Engineer for our large client for a Contract opportunity.
Insight Enterprises is a Fortune 500 IT Services provider who provides our clients with cutting edge technology solutions (www.insight.com).
We are always looking for top talent like yourself, and I would love the opportunity to connect and speak with you about the exciting things we are doing and some of the opportunities we have that would align to your skill set. Please let me know when you can talk.
Let me know if interested in learning more about this opportunity- Thank you in advance, and I look forward to share more about Insight with you!
* Install & configure GitLab solutions
* Develop and implement migration plan for customer VCS & data migration
* Diagnose and troubleshoot issues as they arise
* Develop & maintain custom scripts for integration or policy to align with custom requirements
* Create detailed documentation for implementation
* Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline
* Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, ChatOps, and cloud native
* Knowledge of Unix and Unix based Operating Systems
* Installation and operation of Linux operating systems and hardware investigation/manipulation commands
* BASH/Shell scripting
* Package management (RPM, etc. to add/remove/update packages)
* Understanding of system log files/logging infrastructure
* Cloud experience - setting up compute resources, containers, etc.
* Experience deploying GitLab
* Experience migrating GitLab from on-premis to Cloud
* Strong knowledge of best practices for deploying GitLab, including compliance & DR
Nice to have:
* Programming/scripting experience & skills
* Experience leading a project and interfacing with various teams
* Set up HA/DR, working with Containers and Schedulers
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
* Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
* 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
* $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
* Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
* 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
* Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
* Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Boston || Massachusetts (US-MA) || United States (US) || None || None || National; Remote; US - Boston, MA; US - Cambridge, MA; US - Natick, MA; US - Stamford, CT; US - Waltham, MA ||
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Developer, Engineer, Supply, Operations, Technology, Engineering