At Woodard & Curran, there's nothing we enjoy more than an engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of engineering and environmental issues-solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That's how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
The successful candidate will join a strong team of motivated individuals as a GIS Solutions Analyst within our Intelligent Technology Practice. As part of our team, the candidate will be asked to interface with clients, consultants, implementation staff and other disciplines to assist with the technical delivery of GIS and Utility Technology solutions for our municipal, industrial water and wastewater clients on a regional and national level. This is a temp-to-hire position and your status will be revisited after 3 months of employment. Typical tasks include:
* Support marketing and business development;
* Forster and maintain relationships with key clients
* Participate within the Utility Technology team to assist municipal and utility clients on the implementation of GIS, CMMS, EAMS and BI.
* Select, specify and implement GIS technology for clients, including hardware and software, web hosting and web GIS, mobile GIS applications
* Develop and administer ArcGIS for Enterprise databases, including database schema design.
* Assist with the integration of data in CMMS and EAMS software systems
* Perform and supervise the execution of QA/QC methodologies
* Provide training on-site as needed for clients to create successful project implementation
* Execute assignment with scope, schedule and budget for a variety of clients, both internal and external.
* Develop technical methodologies and best practices and provide direction to junior staff.
The candidate will be asked to act as the lead for small to medium GIS projects, both standalone projects and as part of larger multidisciplinary projects. It is critical to be able to understand the overall project requirements, and meet important project milestones and deadlines associated with the project. The candidate will be asked to provide direction and mentoring to junior staff in the execution of project tasks and contribute to the overall improvement of team efficiency and effectiveness.
To be successful as a member of our team, the candidate should exhibit some or all these traits:
* Able to contribute in a team environment, but also able to work independently;
* Have strong communication skills (oral and written);
* Possess strong organizational skills;
* Attention to detail;
* Self-motivated and self-starting;
* Reliable able/willing to provide mentoring and direction to junior staff;
* Have basic Project Management Skills;
* Not afraid to ask questions.
As Woodard & Curran continues to grow its national footprint, we increase our opportunities to work with clients from all areas of the United States. Because of this, the candidate must be flexible for 20-30% travel in the New England region and nationwide.
* BS in Geography, GIS, Computer Science or related field.
* 6+ years' experience in GIS.
* 2+ years' experience in Arc GIS for Server
* Experience with ArcGIS Online / Portal / Pro / ArcGIS for Enterprise Databases
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Access experience is a bonus);
* Experience in technical report writing;
* Experience with the following types of software and/or data a plus: CMMS, EAMs, Mobile Applications, Business Intelligence and Process Information Management
* Python, SQL or any other programming language a plus
* Water/wastewater treatment or collection system experience a plus
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)