We are looking for a Programmer to work in our in-house game engine Snowdrop™. You will create new components and systems to the engine, as well as improving and maintaining existing ones. In addition there will also be other specialized systems you will contribute to, such as in the areas of Rendering, Gameplay, Networking and AI. You will work closely with the users of these systems in order to improve quality and speed of iteration. We work in cross-functional teams using Agile methodologies and time is set aside on a regular basis for planning, as well as to evaluate and improve our ways of working. You will also work in close cooperation with Massive in Malmö and there will be occasional travel involved.
This is a permanent position based in Stockholm, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
* Design, implement, debug, and iterate on new and existing technologies. Suggest improvements if necessary.
* Program in a clear and structured way, taking into account performance, maintenance, and compatibility requirements.
* Development in a multithreaded environment using modern techniques.
* Analyze and fix bugs identified by people from other crafts, the quality control team or you and your peers.
* Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users to use the new systems and functionalities.
You as a person
You are an autonomous and resourceful person who has that extra attention to detail. It is important that you are used to work in a team and have the ability to quickly adapt to change. Furthermore you have a structured and results-oriented approach and understand the common pitfalls of the industry and how to avoid falling into them.
* Master's degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
* Intermediate experience as a software developer, in video games or similar industry
* General knowledge of having worked with video game engines and experience using one or more commercial engines
* Solid proficiency in C/C++, including: refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
* Understanding of performance sensitive programming (algorithmic and low level optimizations)
* Excellent understanding of Software Engineering principles
* Experience from the AAA video games industry
* Interest or experience in networking, rendering, audio, animation, AI, gameplay, UI
We offer you an environment where you will be working on world leading products together with other passionate professionals, from both within and outside of the industry. Our ambition is to achieve highest possible quality with a focus on strong work processes; whether it is in art, programming or design. If this sound like the next step in your career, be sure to send us your CV today!
Ubisoft Stockholm, led by industry veteran Patrick Bach, is the newest video game development studio in the Ubisoft family. The studio will focus on the development of AAA games for some of Ubisoft's biggest franchises, including the recently announced Avatar game.
We value diversity at Ubisoft Stockholm and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is a publishing and distribution company of interactive entertainment products worldwide.